Bringing an old S&W Sigma into Mass?

I finally got my LTC-A (restricted) and am going to bring my guns up from my old state of residence, mainly two long guns. I want to bring up a handgun as well, but want to make sure there are no legal entanglements. Would it be legal for me to bring up an old S&W Sigma 9mm? It was made before 99 for sure. I know the current versions are Mass compliant, but am not sure if that even applies to an older gun.

And yes, I used the search function but am still unsure.

If you searched thoroughly you'd find that we covered this many times now.

Briefly, NO handguns are banned in MA.

Post 9/13/94 hi-cap mags (or post-ban "assault weapons") of any sort ARE banned and CAN NOT be brought into MA under any circumstances unless you are LE and it has some duty use.

Since you didn't bring your guns when you moved in, MGL requires you to now REGISTER each and every one of them. Pickup the FA-10 forms at any PD or call CHSB in Chelsea and ask for a bunch. You MUST file them for every gun brought into MA within 7 days of bringing them across the state line. Follow the instructions on the back of the cover sheet on each FA-10. [Had you brought your guns with you when you moved (perfectly legal exception), you would NOT have had to Register them in MA.]

Set your User CP to show ALL THREADS and ferret thru the Gun Laws forum. There is a lot to learn here and a lot of good info you can go thru here.

Set your User CP to show ALL THREADS and ferret thru the Gun Laws forum. There is a lot to learn here and a lot of good info you can go thru here.

LenS,
Are you talking about the "Default Thread Age" setting?

Thanks,
-Cuz.

Back
Top Bottom