• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bridgton Maine Sand Pit Area To Go Shooting?

Hi anyone know of an area to shoot in Bridgton or Fryeburg Maine? Looking for a sandpit or other suitable area. Can you just go into the woods?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Fryeburg ~ Rt. 5 south from Rt. 302~ turn left at the blue boat landing sign (3 miles from 302 +/-. Free public range 1/4 mile on right.

Join Western Maine Fish and Game on Rt. 117 (1026 Norway Rd.) in Harrison for $20 annual membership.

Call me if you want to join 207.583.4723 or email at [email protected]

Get out there before the snow gets too deep!

There are no laws in Maine restricting target shooting, outside of municipal DOT limits and the 100 yards (300 feet) from an inhabited dwelling without permission.

But just use common sense, find an appropriate back drop and always discharge in a safe direction and manner.

I love this site! Thanks for all your replies and information. I will check out the Freyburg cite and I am going to take MaineCW up on his generous offer to check out his club.

There's a large sand pit that I've used a number of times about 2.5-3 miles down Old Waterford road in Lovell. 20 minutes or so from Bridgton.

Cool that sounds like just what I am looking for. What is Old Waterford Rd off of? I would probably be coming from Knights Hill Rd.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom