1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Breaking News - David Ortiz shot during attempted robbery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TC McQuade, Jun 9, 2019.

1. jkelly1229

jkelly1229

Lol idk what divorce laws are in the Dominican but if they still claim residency in ma that's where his wife will file suit.

2. GlockJock

GlockJock NES Member

Not for nuthin', but..
    Looks like some sort of "cigarette lighter" we would but at the old Jack's Joke Shop in Downtown Boston and use to "spark up a bowl" of weed or hash.. back in the day.

Just sayin'

Capture+_2019-06-13-11-07-17.png

richc likes this.
  3. richc

richc NES Member

From a generally very reliable friend... the wife spends 99% of her time here.

She's got to be aware that he's been a skirt chaser forever. His fame makes that easier. Who knows what arrangement they have?

Me... I'm betting there's no divorce. It's just part of being married to him.

Fixxah likes this.
  4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Yeah. It's a plot by Club Med Haiti. ROFL!

5. AHM

AHM NES Member

The difference between a 1st-world <bleep>hole
    and a 3rd-world <bleep>hole is that
    in the 3rd-world <bleep>hole,
    storing a pistol and matching magazine
    in the same clear plastic bag
    such that a corner of the magazine
    touches a grip panel on the pistol
    does not constitute a "loaded weapon".

Advantage: Dominican Republic.

[​IMG]

Jason Flare and Picton like this.
  6. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

Could very well be just the media for whatever reason deciding to run with these stories. Obviously ortiz would have been in the news anyway, but things seem to go into spurts. Pitbull attacks, kids falling out of windows, etc. You have 2 weeks of a seemingly nonstop rash of events and then they stop. I'm guessing they aren't actually stopping, it's just the news moving on to something else.

7. friscoeast

friscoeast NES Member

Remember when Clemens and Boggs had their girl friends flown all over the place to hook up with them!

8. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Chickenman went on 20/20 with Babwa Wahwah to talk about his sex addiction? His poor wife.

9. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
  10. Garys

Garys NES Member

Wasn't it Bogg's wife who tried to run him over with a pick up truck?

Dennis in MA and richc like this.
  11. Garys

Garys NES Member

It being a Spanish culture country, I expect that the police will beat confessions out of most of them. A couple of the key actors will then be shot trying to escape.

Like that scene in Casablanca where Captain Renault is trying to decide if Ugarte killed himself or was shot trying to escape.

12. citoriguy

citoriguy NES Member

Why would a white chick from Wisconsin go to DR?

richc likes this.
  13. richc

richc NES Member

When one runs for political office their personal life becomes fair game. And I suspect Mr. Ortiz would prefer some of his personal life stay off the radar.

:)

14. kevin9

kevin9

In the grand scheme of things, who?

15. Daddy Mac

Daddy Mac NES Member

Hey Big Poopie, I've got some advice for you....
    Never rub another mans rhubarb.
    You can think about this while you dine on ice chips as your intestines heal.
    No rice and beans for you.

Jason Flare and AHM like this.
  16. richc

richc NES Member

Jason Flare, AHM and Daddy Mac like this.
  17. wilson911

wilson911

And Tiger's wife beating his range rover with golf clubs as he tries to get away

Jason Flare and AHM like this.
  18. lowbuckbob

lowbuckbob NES Member

I told my wife that if the rumors panned out that Ortiz was messing with a druglord's wife and he ordered the hit, they'd cover it up and say it was mistaken identity. And sure enough, they came out last night on the news that it was a case of mistaken identity. Yeah, right...

xjma99 likes this.
  19. Picton

Picton NES Member

Nah. The police aren’t claiming that. The shooter is, so he doesn’t get lynched by the other inmates.

Agreed, though. There will be coverups galore by all kinds of people, not least the Red Sox. Nobody wants to admit St David could possibly have a flaw.

Jason Flare likes this.
  20. GlockJock

GlockJock NES Member

Like everything else in life, and especially the world of $ports... cuz for some reason the American public thinks sports celebrities are "important", and hence you have, in some cases (translation: "especially in the NBA) ghetto gang banger thugs providing much of the "valuable entertainment" for the paying public willing to shell out hundreds of bucks a seat to watch the chest-pounding thugs do the spinning slam-dunk routine, a value is placed on you, and when a "commodity" that you "own" (ballplayers/etc) steps out of line/crosses the line/screws up etc? If you're TOO valuable to drop like a hot potato? They'll (ownership/league etc) huddle up and decide how "best" to mitigate the "crisis".
    One example (out of the hundreds over the year, iin the world of sports alone, not to mention Hollywood etc):
    Remember when marginally talented (by MLB standards) Sox infielder Wil Cordero beat the hell out of his wife in their Cambridge apartment? The Sox shipped his domestically violent (and hence completely politically incorrect in liberal Boston!) ass off to, I forget, Cleveland? Chicago? wherever...BUT.. if Cordero had been blessed with talent like an A-Rod or a Derek Jeter? The Sox would have determined the head-bashing that Mrs Cordero received that day to be nothing more than a "loud argument", they would have immediately huddled with the City of Cambridge officials (oops, Immean the "Official$$"), and the "unfortunate incident" would have been broomed by the CPD and the "lovely Cordero couple" would have been sent to the best marriage counseling, family counseling blah blah blah and Wil's wife would have been asked ("a$ked") to "Fut the shuck up and put this satchel of unmarked bills into your pocketbook" and the Sox would have "moved forward" from the incident and let "Wonderful Wil" lead them to multiple championships... (oops, I mean "Championship$")...

You or I would have been arrested, held, tried, convicted, sentenced, forced to pay everything we own(ed) to lawyers to AT LEAST let me have couch or cot to sleep on in our one room apartment somewhere, while our wife moved on after the divorce, with everything you or I own... ("owned").

It's always always ALL about the $$$$$.

21. robjax

robjax

just heard on the news....now they're saying a case of mistaken identity. Wow. Talk about fake or manipulated news. 10 guys to plan and carry out a hit and they don't even know they guy they are trying to kill? I doubt that very much. Supposedly the shooter was supposed to shoot the other guy at the table. A guy named David as well but only he runs an auto body shop.

Fake BS news. My guess is they gave the shooter leniency to cop to trying to shoot the other guy. I also think Boston politicians and the Red Sox are involved in the cover up.

So fake news about the beloved Boston Sports hero.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  22. Roadmaster

Roadmaster

David Ortiz was not the intended target in murder-for-hire plot, prosecutor says.

23. Greg

Greg

Of course they are covering something up.

The amount of men willing to get on their knees in front of Ortiz because he plays sports ball is saddening,almost as bad as the Brady boys here. They cant let his image get spoiled so the man-love affair can continue with the house dads living vicariously through their sports ball heroes.

And why the hell do grown men call him "Big Papi " ? Gay as F

Do house dads not know what that translates to ?

What man refers to another man as big daddy ?

Sports ball fan men !

headednorth, andrew1220 and new guy like this.
  24. rep308

rep308 NES Member

Jason Flare likes this.
  25. robjax

robjax

It also begs the question as to why it took so long to reveal the true motive. Earlier in the week the news was saying that later this week Dominican Officials will reveal the motive. Well, if they already knew the motive days before then why the wait? My guess.....talking to the Red Sox and Boston politicians trying to acquire hush money.

Last week the gunman said he was paid $8k to kill David Ortiz. So how was that a mistake? David Ortiz was shot. Now they are saying they were after the other guy but made a mistake on the identity. Well, from the video David Ortiz, probably the most recognizable person in the DR had his back to the shooter. But the shooter shot him anyway. The intended target? He was facing the gunman and the gunman still chose to shoot David Ortiz.

So for me, I do not think I will ever be able to believe that anyone other than David Ortiz was the intended target.

26. richc

richc NES Member

Well I don't know what happened. But I've learned an important lesson in all this.

Don't wear the same shirt as Ortiz in public...

:)

KVX, Daddy Mac and rep308 like this.
  27. Blackmore

Blackmore NES Member

[​IMG]

Roadmaster and Picton like this.
  28. RumRunner

RumRunner NES Member

Or wear an Ortiz Red Sox shirt, all those fans that wear them all the time and nobody ever gets shot.

richc likes this.
  29. AHM

AHM NES Member

About the only good news in this is that the island of Hispaniola
    isn't particularly close to Jeffrey Epstein's USVI pedophile compound.

So maybe there's no Clinton connection to the poisonings.
    Maybe.

30. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Of course he was the intended target.
    The DR is in full panic mode right now looking at the loss of millions of tourist dollars .
    First a bunch of tourists ending up dead and now a popular sports star getting whacked right out in public.
    [​IMG]