Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club - Braintree, MA

Call the club payphone and ask. I have no idea, but would be surprised if it is open (and would have expected a club Email to that effect).

The range is still closed at this time. both backstops have been excavated to the point where there is no more lead to be had. The contractor is sieving out the bullets from the piles of sand. When he is through they will rebuild the berms and they will be good to go, but probably not for this weekend.
Ross E. - Club Secretary

Since there is a CMP Match scheduled for next Saturday at BR&P, I know that Ross is HOPING to have his range back for the match.

OK....I'm unscratching it...

According to Joe Norman, the chief range officer, the range work is almost complete and he plans to reopen the rifle range on Thursday (10-13-2011). We will therefore be shooting the CMP match Saturday morning as planned. This should be the last interruption on the ranges, until we get hip deep snow like last winter......

Ross

OK....I'm unscratching it...

According to Joe Norman, the chief range officer, the range work is almost complete and he plans to reopen the rifle range on Thursday (10-13-2011). We will therefore be shooting the CMP match Saturday morning as planned. This should be the last interruption on the ranges, until we get hip deep snow like last winter......

Ross

Good news!!

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Reloading Classes at BR&P (for Members)

I just stumbled on this info and sharing it here. I do not know anything more about it. It appears that BR&P (as a club) is offering the NRA Reloading class to members for $50.00.

Check out this webpage for any additional information:

http://www.brp.org/Activities/ReloadingClass/tabid/1771/Default.aspx

Check the rule book (or online).

I don't know the composition of M855, so can't answer.

I am certain that you can not shoot incendiary or tracer rounds (in spite of it being mentioned only wrt the indoor range).

Outdoor range rules do not forbid AP (but I think if you ask the CRO you may get a different answer), but steel-core ammo is not forbidden. Incendiary and tracer rounds pose a fire-hazard and thus are usually banned at most (if not all) ranges in MA.

If you are still unsure, send an Email to Joe Norman, CRO (Email is on club website) and ask.

Thanks, Len. It looks like there's a broad prohibition on "armor piercing" rounds in the club rules, but I don't think M855 qualifies based on further research.

I just took the new orientation this morning and the class size was over 100 people. QPD is being really slow with my license so I wasn't able to get my badge yet. Hopefully I get to meet some of you guys.

Question, are there any pistol ranges where you can shoot closer than 33 feet?

I just took the new orientation this morning and the class size was over 100 people. QPD is being really slow with my license so I wasn't able to get my badge yet. Hopefully I get to meet some of you guys.

Question, are there any pistol ranges where you can shoot closer than 33 feet?

Welcome to the club! I stopped by briefly this morning and saw the huge group. It looked like a great turnout [smile] The indoor ranges have the minimum of 33' (marked by a yellow line), however the outdoor pistol range is slightly closer. I may be mistaken, but I believe last time someone measured the outdoor range distance, the closer position was 7.5yrds (about 22.5ft).

It is actually 25.5' IIRC, it is marked on the doorway as you enter that range.

Welcome to the club, I'm sure that you are going to like it.

I need to go to BR&P to shoot my new (to me) 1911. I haven't been to the range to shoot by myself before. I think I would prefer to shoot indoor for my first time so I can be alone (hopefully [laugh])

If shooting indoor, I cannot remember from the new member orientation what the targets are fixed on... is it a clothespin type hanging system? I don't want to get there and realize I can't hang my targets.
How again does the indoor range work in regards to bringing targets back/forth - do I need to wait for a cease fire or can I do it when others are firing?
Should I shoot in the new or old clubhouse?

I am a complete amateur and the last thing I want to do is make mistakes!

Last edited:
I need to go to BR&P to shoot my new (to me) 1911. I haven't been to the range to shoot by myself before. I think I would prefer to shoot indoor for my first time so I can be alone (hopefully [laugh])

If shooting indoor, I cannot remember from the new member orientation what the targets are fixed on... is it a clothespin type hanging system? I don't want to get there and realize I can't hang my targets.
How again does the indoor range work in regards to bringing targets back/forth - do I need to wait for a cease fire or can I do it when others are firing?
Should I shoot in the new or old clubhouse?

I am a complete amateur and the last thing I want to do is make mistakes!

Welcome to BR&P.

Indoors have electronic target retrieval systems in both clubhouses. There is a clip on the back to let you hang the targets. I pick up a used/trash target and put it behind my target to thicken it and avoid the possibility of my target falling out of the holder on the floor while shooting.

Ask one of the "old guys hanging around drinking coffee" [laugh] if you have any questions. They are a bunch of good guys and more than happy to help any of us out.

You are unlikely to "be alone". The club gets some decent amount of use, but folks basically don't bother shooters unless they see a safety problem.

Distances indoors: New Clubhouse-33' (yellow line), 50' or 75' (need to adjust target carrier for this, ask someone if needed) are the ONLY distances allowed for shooting (other than a certified instructor instructing a student).

Old Clubhouse - 33' (yellow line) or 50' only.

If you shoot outdoors (always my preference) the pistol range to the far right is 25.5' and 45' (fixed distances) with target frames hanging from the baffles. You need a stapler and a cease-fire to hang your targets here.

Welcome to BR&P.

Indoors have electronic target retrieval systems in both clubhouses. There is a clip on the back to let you hang the targets. I pick up a used/trash target and put it behind my target to thicken it and avoid the possibility of my target falling out of the holder on the floor while shooting.

Ask one of the "old guys hanging around drinking coffee" [laugh] if you have any questions. They are a bunch of good guys and more than happy to help any of us out.

You are unlikely to "be alone". The club gets some decent amount of use, but folks basically don't bother shooters unless they see a safety problem.

Distances indoors: New Clubhouse-33' (yellow line), 50' or 75' (need to adjust target carrier for this, ask someone if needed) are the ONLY distances allowed for shooting (other than a certified instructor instructing a student).

Old Clubhouse - 33' (yellow line) or 50' only.

If you shoot outdoors (always my preference) the pistol range to the far right is 25.5' and 45' (fixed distances) with target frames hanging from the baffles. You need a stapler and a cease-fire to hang your targets here.

Thank you :) +rep!

Welcome to the club! Everyone is super friendly. I was ckmplainjng that my .22 rifle was jamming and another member gave me 200 rounds at least from a number of mfgers to see if it was mfger related...and then he refused to take the excess back!

Back
Top Bottom