Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club - Braintree, MA

So quick question. I am a provisional member pending my LTC which I am waiting for. One of my buddies has an LTC and is a member of another club in RI and wants to go shooting. I was wondering if we could go to the club despite my still waiting on an LTC to be a full member... I am guessing no but worth a shot on such a beautiful day.

No, you don't have a cardkey and have no privileges to use the facility until you get your LTC and then get your cardkey from one of the officers of the club. Sorry.

The only reason (I think) that BR&P issues "provisional memberships" is due to the "chicken and egg" issue some PDs mandate . . . they won't give you a LTC unless you belong to a club, and the club can't let you shoot there (except under supervision of a MA LTC holder) until you get your LTC. So BR&P and perhaps some others issue a letter (Notarized) that states that you are accepted as a member upon receipt of your LTC. Seems to make those PDs happy and gets you your cardkey rapidly after finally obtaining your LTC.

Did BRP send this Final Dues Notice to everyone regardless of whether or not they've paid, or is it just to folks who haven't paid yet? I could have sworn I mailed my dues in months ago.

I got a notice,so I emailed them and was told that they do have my payment.I also found out that next year I become a life member,that's cool.

Show up on any Sunday minoring between 9AM and 11AM and head up to the office. Otherwise, Monday evening, 4/9 between ~5:30PM and 6:45PM.

Nope, did not receive such notice, but many members were having issues swiping in the gate / door, but the fellas upstairs are well aware of that and should be addressed soon enough yea? haha =)

Nope, did not receive such notice, but many members were having issues swiping in the gate / door, but the fellas upstairs are well aware of that and should be addressed soon enough yea? haha =)

It happens. Last year my badge didn't work but my Wife's did. Both memberships were paid in a single check (with both badge #s on check) in person. I merely sent an Email and it was fixed within less than 24 hours. I'll find out next Monday what this year has in store for us. [laugh]

I hadn't paid, for the record. Eric responded to a contact via website in his usual impressively prompt manner and confirmed for me. Thumbs up to BRP.

Spent another great night here at the indoor range! over a thousand rounds between my friend and I. IMO this club has the nicest indoor range in the state!

The Iranians have been messing around with the BRP site. [smile]

2cfsi2w.jpg

Anyone using the outdoor range, make sure to check your skin and clothes. Last week after shooting I noticed a tick roaming around my arm.

I am a shiny (on my bald head) brand new member at Braintree. My 8 year old daughter is interested in learning how to shoot. I know that the junior program starts at 11 years, but is there any problem bringing her down to watch them on Friday? Is there any specific range used? Thanks.

One more question on that. Do you have contact info for Mike? I can't find it on the site and I won't be over there until Friday. Thanks again and apologies for the interrogation!

I took my father to the range this weekend. He hasn't fired a gun since leaving the Army in the fifties. Wonderful way to celebrate Memorial day weekend!

I am a shiny (on my bald head) brand new member at Braintree. My 8 year old daughter is interested in learning how to shoot. I know that the junior program starts at 11 years, but is there any problem bringing her down to watch them on Friday? Is there any specific range used? Thanks.

As Lens said mike would have the answers. 830-930 juniors... doors are usually wide open to onlookers when im there... then i carry everything to the old range to shoot because i always forget it's juniors friday evening haha.

As for range masters, there is none required for indoor, outdoors yes. (correct me if imi wrong haven't located my handbook in awhile hha)

Back
Top Bottom