Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club - Braintree, MA

thank you marcus and lens....the website was up this morning and i was able to save my seat for the march orientation...febuary was already booked

Last edited:
attended last weekends orientation. Unexpectedly ran into my uncle also attending the orientation, we convinced my dad and he will be attending in March.

Great morning shooting for hours! The best part about this club is it doesn't matter when you want to shoot there's always an open range.

If you shoot outdoors (always my preference) the pistol range to the far right is 25.5' and 45' (fixed distances) with target frames hanging from the baffles. You need a stapler and a cease-fire to hang your targets here.

I found using tape works better than stapling. Got real annoyed that a breeze would blow my target away. Yes, I failed stapling in kindergarten.

Hey, are the outdoor ranges going to be open this coming Sunday? I have a friend in town and was hoping to do a bit of rifle shooting.

Wrong, they banned ALL outdoor shooting before 12 Noon many years ago.

I think I'm going to have to get a new manual. My 2009 Regulation Manual says "On Sunday and Holidays only 22 rimfire cal. shooting is allowed from 10:00 a.m. until noon. No other shooting is allowed on any outdoor range before noon time." It was probably right before the change over.

Yes, I think that the manual says that but they changed policy due to neighbors. Check with Joe and let me know if I'm wrong. I rarely miss a RO meeting and that is what I recall.

Yes, I think that the manual says that but they changed policy due to neighbors. Check with Joe and let me know if I'm wrong. I rarely miss a RO meeting and that is what I recall.

I'm sure you're right, I just didn't know that rule. Those neighbors really get under my skin when I see the club having to jump through hoops for them. [sad2]

I've been so busy I just got my dues off last week. I checked the BRP site and didn't see anything about a late fee but seem to remember that there was one during orientation. Anybody know for sure?

I've been so busy I just got my dues off last week. I checked the BRP site and didn't see anything about a late fee but seem to remember that there was one during orientation. Anybody know for sure?

From the e-News sent by the club:

YOUR ANNUAL DUES FOR 2012 ARE DUE

The deadline is March 31 to avoid penalty. Your access badge will become inactive as of April 1.

Just wondering if anyone is going to the CMP event this weekend? I figure since I am going to be building an AR, might as well go. For those of you that have been, how was it?

Just wondering if anyone is going to the CMP event this weekend? I figure since I am going to be building an AR, might as well go. For those of you that have been, how was it?

If you have never shot the CMP, shoot the Garand, if you have never shot one before. you can alwasy shoot the AR's next month.

Ross & crew run a very good program.

I'm one of the ROs on duty that day, so say "hi". I only drift thru the rifle range a couple of times as Ross & crew pretty much police themselves very well.

Hey Len - are we able to shoot prone outside at BRP, or does everything have to be from the bench? Every time I go everyone is either sitting or standing behind the benches. I'm not even sure I would want to put a mat down in the pit just forward of the line, but was curious.

Yes, you can shoot prone on the rifle range. HOWEVER, if anyone else is shooting from the benches, you would have to put your mat down BESIDE the bench, not in the pit in front of it. Safety is paramount, so everyone has to shoot from the same "shooting line".

Makes sense - thanks. I might prefer to lay down beside the bench anyway, based on what the pit usually looks like.

I was just thinking the AR so I could get a general feel of it. Since I haven't shot one before I wanted to see how the stock felt to judge if I should order a full sized stock or entry. The Garand is definitely one I want to shoot too though.

Will do Len, thanks!

does anyone know when we can shoot the clubs rifles? Some dates would be great!

Only at CMP matches. 3rd Saturday each month, March thru November, 9AM until the last relay is complete.

NOTE: CMP matches are open to the public. You do not have to be a BR&P member to shoot these matches.

Only at CMP matches. 3rd Saturday each month, March thru November, 9AM until the last relay is complete.

NOTE: CMP matches are open to the public. You do not have to be a BR&P member to shoot these matches.

Awesome, thanks for posting this! I've been waiting for my LTC to come in so I could go to this once I can claim my badge. So it won't be a problem if my brother and I go even though neither of us have our LTC yet?

Back
Top Bottom