Boy Fires Gun into Neighbors Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 10-year-old boy who found a rifle at his home allegedly fired the gun into a neighbor’s home, barely missing a young child.

Likely a strong case of hyperbole... Not excusing the father, but that likely is.

The gun belongs to the boy’s father, Charles Gray. Police say Gray legally owns the gun, but will likely face charges for improper storage. The boy will also face charges for firing the weapon.

Why are they charging a 10 yro kid. Really??? In this case, the father is probably guilty of the true intent of the storage law and this isn't good enough so you need to jackup a 10 yro kid on some major criminal charges? Really you frickn' douchbags? Really? [rolleyes]

the first comment on that page says "This is not Ralphie's Red Rider BB Gun....this is a killing machine." ... somebody post the facepalm pic

the first comment on that page says "This is not Ralphie's Red Rider BB Gun....this is a killing machine." ... somebody post the facepalm pic

The article said it's a .22

Those go through schools and buses full of children dont you know!

Likely a strong case of hyperbole... Not excusing the father, but that likely is.

Why are they charging a 10 yro kid. Really??? In this case, the father is probably guilty of the true intent of the storage law and this isn't good enough so you need to jackup a 10 yro kid on some major criminal charges? Really you frickn' douchbags? Really? [rolleyes]

HAHA

doublefacepalm.jpg

If it actually went into the house, it may have been through a window. I wonder if the kid aimed at someone on purpose? I would think a 22 wouldn't really go through a house too easily.

bla....

this thread will be 140+ post long and will re-enforce why i hate this state by tomorrow morning. *generally speaking: we ma**h***s are a bunch of FUDDs that deserve nothing more than an outward ban and confiscation on everything we own....

storage laws? fail
licensing? fail
registration? fail

a PARENT eF's up and we start quoting laws? fail

the dad eF'd up, BFD... let him deal with it...

*soon to be followed by a bunch of "get a better safe" posts and MGL's by the forum ninja's who can't get laid.

let us NOT forget the "speculation" experts as well.... w/o knowing the circumstances...

"oh, he's going to do time" ect... [rolleyes]

this thread will be 140+ post long and will re-enforce why i hate this state by tomorrow morning. *generally speaking: we ma**h***s are a bunch of FUDDs that deserve nothing more than an outward ban and confiscation on everything we own....

storage laws? fail
licensing? fail
registration? fail

*soon to be followed by a bunch of "get a better safe" posts and MGL's by the forum ninja's who can't get laid.

Maybe now that we've gotten the digest version, we won't see all the posts! [rofl2]

bla....

storage laws? fail
licensing? fail
registration? fail

Tell us how you really feel :)

The article said it's a .22

MCB and Atmay - don't belittle this incident based on the caliber of the weapon. My brother was shot and killed with a .22 rifle in 1977. And yes, that was me posting in the comments. While a .22 may not be the preferred caliber of choice for defensive purposes, it is quite capable of killing.

The newspaper comments miss the point entirely. Why did the kid shoot the gun unsafely? His father apparently did not bother to teach him safe handling and take him shooting regularly.

A kid sees unsafe gun handling in the news/movies/tv show/video games. He sees how the media show it to be "cool" to let loose with guns. So what does he do when he finds one unsecured? He lets loose too.

If he had been to a range 100 times before, what would have happened is he would have came over to his dad and said, "he dad, you forgot to lock up the rifle".

Fail on the dad for not acting like a father.

The newspaper comments miss the point entirely. Why did the kid shoot the gun unsafely? His father apparently did not bother to teach him safe handling and take him shooting regularly.

A kid sees unsafe gun handling in the news/movies/tv show/video games. He sees how the media show it to be "cool" to let loose with guns. So what does he do when he finds one unsecured? He lets loose too.

If he had been to a range 100 times before, what would have happened is he would have came over to his dad and said, "he dad, you forgot to lock up the rifle".

Fail on the dad for not acting like a father.

THIS ........ +1

Don't be so quick to hang the dad. He definitely is the one at fault here when it comes down to brass tacks, but maybe the gun was locked up and the kid found a spare key to the safe. All my guns are locked up and I always have a key on me but there is also a spare in my house that is hidden pretty well just in case something happens to me and my wife or dad need to get the guns out of the safe. It could also be in a combo safe and junior could have seen dad enter the combination. In the end it's the dads fault, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's a dumbass or a bad guy.

i had a pellet gun when i was that age. a 10 year old should know the difference, and should know what they're allowed to use, and when. could be dad did everything right and he's just got one rotten kid, but i kind of doubt it. guns in the home generally contraindicate that kind of behavior. he messed up somewhere and just happened to get lucky. also,

In the home that was shot at, a family was having dinner in the kitchen at around 6 p.m. when they hurt the gunshot.

DERP. can i writes u news aritcle pls?

Long-time Halifax resident Bill Ruxton followed the sound into the dining room and saw the bullet hole in the window and in a wall.

DERP. hear incoming, walk into kill zone

Jeez, I had my own .22 semiauto marlin at age 10, unlocked, hanging on a rack in my bedroom. By 10 I was pretty good with my dad's colt woodsman .22. My dad kept the ammo, but it would have been easy to find it. Never went shooting it around the house for fun! Maybe it had something to do with my dad taking me to the range starting at age 6.

Man how times have changed. If you took a kid that young to the range today in Mass, someone would probably call child protective services. Still, it is up to all of us to train the next generation!

10 yr old shoots neighbors house.

1) Agree with posts on training your children, taking them to the Range, and showing them safe gun practices. This also elinminates the curiosity factor so they will not explore guns on their own. (This incedent).
2) Who loaded the gun? Father said he left it out to clean it.
if the boy loaded it, then there needs to be some sort of legal ramification for him, like a mandatory hunter/gun safety course.
Guns were always accesable when i was a child, I never played with them. because i went to the range with my father constantly. Also if i messed with them without permission, i knew i would suffer the lash. And that was a good thing...

Last edited:
if the boy loaded it, then there needs to be some sort or legal ramification for him.

Are you kidding, or are you daffy? Legal ramifications? He's effing 10. In this nepotistic glory hole of a commonwealth these "legal ramifications" you espouse could screw this kid for life. Imagine, being 50 an not able to legally own a gun because you fired one when you were 10 and make a bad choice. Obviously, in mother russia (mass) once a bad seed, always a bad seed.

[STRIKE]gtfo.[/STRIKE] Stow it.

10 should be old enough to know better......
legal ramifications= Jr hunter/gun safety course, maybe limited community service.
thats all i meant...

A 10-year-old boy who found a rifle at his home allegedly fired the gun into a neighbor’s home, barely missing a young child.

Shouldn't it be "barely hit"? Barely miss sounds like a flesh wound to me.

[/georgecarlin]

I don't remember who said it here first, but I've always liked "I won't even buy a gun anymore unless it can go through 3 schools and still kill a baby."

10 should be old enough to know better......
legal ramifications= Jr hunter/gun safety course, maybe limited community service.
thats all i meant...
Then say what you mean, education, not legal ramifications. In mass, legal ramifications mean his 2a rights take a prison shower style pounding, for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom