Bought my wife her early Christmas present.

I purchased my wife a new Springfield Armory XD subcompact in 9mm Friday night at Kittery Trading Post. We took it over yesterday to the club to shoot, and secretly I was hoping she would hate it. Nope, she loves it! I wish I had a camera and would have taken a picture of her face after the first three shots. She looked at me and said "I love my new Christmas present!". It was worth it. She's actually a very good shot.

While we were at KTP looking at the guns, the sales guy kept steering us to the S&W M&P's. They're about the same size, and both my wife and I really like the grip safety that the XD's have. I've also shot the M&P, and didn't like the trigger pull at all. From what I understand, the M&P that KTP sells has a Mass compliant trigger which is about 16 or 18# pull... (not sure but I think that's what he said). The XD has about a 6# pull, and to both of us much nicer. Of course it doesn't hurt that I've got an XDm 40 that she loves to shoot.

So she's happy and it looks as if I've got someone else I can go shooting with.

Now to finance this present, I've got to sell my S&W 686, but that's another story. Nice gun but I don't use it very much anymore, so it's time to get it up on the classified section and see what happens.

I enjoy the XDs, the range near where I lived in PA had a couple. I wish I had had the cash to pick one up before moving into MA. Congrats on a Christmas Well Done!

I purchased my wife a new Springfield Armory XD subcompact in 9mm Friday night at Kittery Trading Post. We took it over yesterday to the club to shoot, and secretly I was hoping she would hate it. Nope, she loves it! I wish I had a camera and would have taken a picture of her face after the first three shots. She looked at me and said "I love my new Christmas present!". It was worth it. She's actually a very good shot.

While we were at KTP looking at the guns, the sales guy kept steering us to the S&W M&P's. They're about the same size, and both my wife and I really like the grip safety that the XD's have. I've also shot the M&P, and didn't like the trigger pull at all. From what I understand, the M&P that KTP sells has a Mass compliant trigger which is about 16 or 18# pull... (not sure but I think that's what he said). The XD has about a 6# pull, and to both of us much nicer. Of course it doesn't hurt that I've got an XDm 40 that she loves to shoot.

So she's happy and it looks as if I've got someone else I can go shooting with.

Now to finance this present, I've got to sell my S&W 686, but that's another story. Nice gun but I don't use it very much anymore, so it's time to get it up on the classified section and see what happens.

MA compliant M&P trigger is 10# I think and the gun sucks. My buddy has a .40 M&P w/ a trigger job and it still blows. He liked my P229 so much better than the M&P he went out and bought one. Never uses the M&P unless someone is with us at the range that wants to.

If only MA would stop appeasing the liberals maybe we could get Springfield Armory in MA.

Back
Top Bottom