• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bought a Gen4 Glock 21,Opinions?

I just bought a G21 gen 3 SF last week, and love it. I have 150 rds through it so far, and I shot it outside in 25 F weather in NH. Gun great, cold sucks.

It's a thick Glock. What else is there to expect? I had one, was great but I liked an FNX-45 more so sold it and got one of those instead.

I got one a few months back. It’s good, but my son really loves it. No jams at all, all types of ammo through it. I find it very accurate, but I prefer my 1911.

For all those saying it’s too big to carry: my son is 5’4” and weighs 135lbs (he’s 12). He conceals it AIWB under a plain white T Shirt and it is unnoticeable. He wears it around the house and I never know if he’s carrying or not. He’s convinced me that all the “hurr durr gun too big” tales is internet hogwash. The only real problem with carrying it, is that holsters are not as common as the 9/.40 sized Glocks.

All junk that failed in market best avoided. SR45 = nobody bought it, probably because of safety lard. PX4? did anyone ever buy those lol

If your glocks are that bad you should sell them. :) Then again i tend to be a boring person (as I age this is getting worse, I just want shit that works, I could give a f*** less about asthetics up to a point, no hi points here, too f***ing ghetto for me ) so i don't get hung up on having most of brand x, and ive already done the entire "45 ACP pistol tour" and ended up back at..... "
glocks and a few 1911s. " And if I was poor the 1911s would be gone tomorrow. (I keep them because I like shooting them and I can afford to keep them, lol) I owned most of the hk 45 product line sans the P9S and the USP expert, too, P220 folded + ST, all of them gone now. The only one I sort of miss is the proof marked P220 folded slide gun I had. That was nice.
I'm glad this thread got resurrected cuz now after a few years of seeing your thoughts I'd like to know what is it about a gun being popular in the market that makes you believe it's good while one that was unpopular makes it bad?

The safety crap aside, the SR series were pretty good, maybe not HK or Glock levels of excellence, but they weren't built or priced to meet those levels of durability. IDK how that's even quantified, but if you're of the belief that at 1000 rds the SR is gonna fall apart, I got a bridge for sale.

Same goes with the Px4. I don't recall seeing them once, I don't think I've ever even seen behind a counter, I assume much of that has to do with the DA/SA having lost popularity to strikers, not anything inherently wrong with the gun.

You can make the case that a caliber that isn't 9mm or .45 has no future and its status will never change, but denigrating certain pistols for not being best sellers screams bandwagon fanboy.

You should be more like Enbloc.

I'm glad this thread got resurrected cuz now after a few years of seeing your thoughts I'd like to know what is it about a gun being popular in the market that makes you believe it's good while one that was unpopular makes it bad?

Usually there's very good reasons behind it when the market abandons something. The amount of guns that are abandoned by, or fail in the market that "happened to be really good guns but just never took off" is probably in the single digits % wise. Most of them died because they actually sucked for some reason or another or had some critical flaw in usability or
something. It's usually not that hard to figure out. There are a lot of designs that "look good but they actually it sucks" the entire industry is filled with shit like that.

The safety crap aside, the SR series were pretty good, maybe not HK or Glock levels of excellence, but they weren't built or priced to meet those levels of durability. IDK how that's even quantified, but if you're of the belief that at 1000 rds the SR is gonna fall apart, I got a bridge for sale.

I never said the gun was going to fall apart. If anything they are overbuilt and weigh too f***ing much, that slide has a lot of lard in it, its heavier than most of its
peers. You can't put "the safety crap aside" because it literally smothers the whole f***ing gun, between the gay pride flag, the levers, etc. [laugh]

Same goes with the Px4. I don't recall seeing them once, I don't think I've ever even seen behind a counter, I assume much of that has to do with the DA/SA having lost popularity to strikers, not anything inherently wrong with the gun.

The PX4 is just stupid because the demo buying those DA/SA guns (generally) doesn't want something that looks f***ed up. Also I think it suffered from the Beretta 9000S PTSD" thing because the PX4 has cues from that POS. (the 9000 was probably one of their biggest flops, ever. It's a brick that has a frame that looks like a turd. )

You can make the case that a caliber that isn't 9mm or .45 has no future and its status will never change, but denigrating certain pistols for not being best sellers screams bandwagon fanboy.

Lol, believe what you want. The SR series was dumb. although it had the potential to NOT be dumb with a few changes but Ruger squandered that. One good thing I can say about the SR series, at least its not the ruger american. [rofl] what a shitty design those things turned out to be.

FWIW there are bit players in the market that are fine guns that stick around. Examples- most of the stuff walther makes, or most of the guns HK makes. None of those guns are "flying off the shelves" either but they still sell enough to justify their existence. The same cannot be said for turds like the the SR, or ruger americans, etc, so on.

Usually there's very good reasons behind it when the market abandons something. The amount of guns that are abandoned by, or fail in the market that "happened to be really good guns but just never took off" is probably in the single digits % wise. Most of them died because they actually sucked for some reason or another or had some critical flaw in usability or
something. It's usually not that hard to figure out. There are a lot of designs that "look good but they actually it sucks" the entire industry is filled with shit like that.

I never said the gun was going to fall apart. If anything they are overbuilt and weigh too f***ing much, that slide has a lot of lard in it, its heavier than most of its
peers. You can't put "the safety crap aside" because it literally smothers the whole f***ing gun, between the gay pride flag, the levers, etc. [laugh]

The PX4 is just stupid because the demo buying those DA/SA guns (generally) doesn't want something that looks f***ed up. Also I think it suffered from the Beretta 9000S PTSD" thing because the PX4 has cues from that POS. (the 9000 was probably one of their biggest flops, ever. It's a brick that has a frame that looks like a turd. )

Lol, believe what you want. The SR series was dumb. although it had the potential to NOT be dumb with a few changes but Ruger squandered that. One good thing I can say about the SR series, at least its not the ruger american. [rofl] what a shitty design those things turned out to be.

FWIW there are bit players in the market that are fine guns that stick around. Examples- most of the stuff walther makes, or most of the guns HK makes. None of those guns are "flying off the shelves" either but they still sell enough to justify their existence. The same cannot be said for turds like the the SR, or ruger americans, etc, so on.
I guess that's where the disconnect is: you're obsessed with looks, purpose, fit, and function of a gun, I only give a crap about if it works, is worth the money, and isn't too retarded (Hi Point .45 for the win).

Why I didn't buy an SR pistol years ago was more because it wasn't a Glock... and the stupid LCI thing, but when they came out with the 9E, an SR without the safety nonsense, I did think about getting one. Why Ruger dropped the SR had more to do with them thinking the American was going to be an improvement and from day 1 it was not.

In a world of full size pistols where Glock, 1911's, and 92's are so ubiquitous and Taurus G-Unit's and Hi Points are so cheap, it's difficult for anything else to get a footing, but that doesn't mean they suck at the job.

Back
Top Bottom