• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Bought a Gen4 Glock 21,Opinions?

I owned a Glock for over a decade once, and it was a G21.

I remember it as being very easy to shoot, recoil-wise. But it's a Glock, so I got rid of it. I hope somebody here got it; sounds like it's in demand.

I believe I only ever shot WWB through it, and it never did hiccup.

I remember it as being very easy to shoot, recoil-wise. But it's a Glock, so I got rid of it. I hope somebody here got it; sounds like it's in demand.

I don't know, man. I thought the same. I shot/owned exclusively glocks for a year or so after I got my LTC. Then I got a 92fs. I can shoot the 92fs so much more accuratley and better than any glock, as well at the 92fs is so much smoother, less jumpy and recoiling to the point where I find the glocks "snappy" in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, glocks are objectivley a great handgun, and do what a handgun is supposed to do. They just aren't as enjoyable to shoot.

Last edited:

I ran a G21SF gen3 a whole season and a half of pin shooting without cleaning it. I decided to clean it once it started doing some weird stuff. Gun was filthy but it ran hard for a long time.

I don't know, man. I thought the same. I shot/owned exclusively glocks for a year or so after I got my LTC (I shoot many thousands of rounds a year). Then I got a 92fs. I can shoot the 92fs so much more accuratley and better than any glock, as well at the 92fs is so much smoother, less jumpy and recoiling to the point where I find the glocks "snappy" in comparison.

Don't get me wrong, glocks are objectivley a great handgun, and do what a handgun is supposed to do. They just aren't as enjoyable to shoot.
Well, I was comparing it to an AO 1911A1 I had around the same time, so... [rofl]

I'll always prefer 1911s or Hi-Powers to almost anything else, but it was the '90s and everyone was getting a Glock. Lol.

I don't know, man. I thought the same. I shot/owned exclusively glocks for a year or so after I got my LTC (I shoot many thousands of rounds a year). Then I got a 92fs. I can shoot the 92fs so much more accuratley and better than any glock, as well at the 92fs is so much smoother, less jumpy and recoiling to the point where I find the glocks "snappy" in comparison.
Probably an ergonomics thing, i can't stand regular 92s but my 92X is great. Glocks don't fit many people properly and thats understandable. I didn't get into Glocks till later but they make up 65% of my handguns now.

Well, I was comparing it to an AO 1911A1 I had around the same time, so... [rofl]

I'll always prefer 1911s or Hi-Powers to almost anything else, but it was the '90s and everyone was getting a Glock. Lol.

I thought about getting into a Hi-Power or one of the various clones (even the Hungarian FEG hybrid Hi-power ish gun) but parts and magazines lead me to the 92fs. I can say I am quite happy with it as one of my first metal frame guns.

Probably an ergonomics thing, i can't stand regular 92s but my 92X is great. Glocks don't fit many people properly and thats understandable. I didn't get into Glocks till later but they make up 65% of my handguns now.

I've handled both and can see what you mean, although the 92FS fits me fine. Most glocks are aesthetically boring, but are objectively a good handgun. They pump rounds in and shoot cases out, are simple and reliable, easy to use.

Also, have you tried the 92X Performance takedown lever? It has a thumb ledge/rest and is one of the most effective upgrades I have made to any handgun when it comes to recoil/muzzle control, especially for up close rapid shots. (Not that you need it with a full size metal 9mm pistol, but this makes the thing shoot flat as a pancake)

I'll still go to a G19 to carry all day over a metal frame gun, though.

I bought a loaded SA Operator a few years ago on tax free weekend but never liked 1911"s. Had an opportunity to buy 2200rds of CMP 45 ammo cheap from a former coworker so we'll see how the Glock eats it. Flame on from 1911 fans [rofl]I own a Beretta M9 that I've had work on and much prefer it to a 1911 but we're talking metal vs plastic guns.

I thought about getting into a Hi-Power or one of the various clones (even the Hungarian FEG hybrid Hi-power ish gun) but parts and magazines lead me to the 92fs. I can say I am quite happy with it as one of my first metal frame guns.

My first Hi-Power was a FEG, but it was the actual BHP clone. Beautiful gun; I still own it. Great fit and finish. Even in MA, I've never had a problem getting standard-capacity HP mags.

YMMV. I don't mind the '92 either, but I like the ergos and the thinness of the BHP. Easy to carry, easy to handle, and it fits all my 1911 holsters.

You will not be disappointed! I have two, a 21SF and a Gen 4. The softest shooting .45 acp pistols I have shot and the most accurate of all my Glock pistols (9mm, .40 S&W and .45 acp)!

I'm bored, so I'll talk more. I've had a .45 autoloader on my mind for a while now, but the Glocks are not high on my list mainly because I've got Glock fatigue as I own 3 already, one being 10mm. The 10mm holds more and has much more power, runs .40 no problem.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like a .45, I just don't want a Glock and the .45's Ruger made in the past really stands out for me, mainly the P90 as it's probably the least expensive DA/SA .45 out there. Beretta Px4 is also an option for a DA/SA .45, but that thing looks as thick as a Glock. The SR45 looks good and is priced good used and since it's a 10 round I get the feeling it's going to be a lot thinner than the Glock or Beretta. Kind of wish Ruger had made a compact version of the SR45.

Last but not least there's always Hi Point. They're +P rated, so you can feed it hot handloads, maybe even throw in some .45 Super just to test it. If it breaks, Hi Point basically replaces them for free. That's probably the one reason I'd buy it actually, just to run .45 Super. That and the camo models just look good.

a9d8a01efa552d65d0d8a766b1305bbc.jpg

Lol absolutely none of those guns compete with even an old crusty Gen2 G21. The P90 is the choice i would reluctantly make out of that pile of junk. At least those had a good reputation for reliability like their 9mm cousins.

The gun you're actually looking for is a folded slide proof marked Sig P220. IMHO that's the only peer to a G21, capacity aside. But it sounds like you're too cheap for that, but that makes little sense to be cheap seeking a gun that uses ammo thats like 28+ dollars a box these days.

Lol absolutely none of those guns compete with even an old crusty Gen2 G21. The P90 is the choice i would reluctantly make out of that pile of junk. At least those had a good reputation for reliability like their 9mm cousins.

The gun you're actually looking for is a folded slide proof marked Sig P220. IMHO that's the only peer to a G21, capacity aside. But it sounds like you're too cheap for that, but that makes little sense to be cheap seeking a gun that uses ammo thats like 28+ dollars a box these days.
It's not that I can't afford the Glock 21, it's just I have 3 Glocks already, I don't need a fourth. You gonna tell me the Px4 or SR45 isn't worth a crap? I disagree, the Hi Point... I just like the .45 one is all. I don't like any of their other pistols.

It's not that I can't afford the Glock 21, it's just I have 3 Glocks already, I don't need a fourth. You gonna tell me the Px4 or SR45 isn't worth a crap? I disagree, the Hi Point... I just like the .45 one is all. I don't like any of their other pistols.

All junk that failed in market best avoided. SR45 = nobody bought it, probably because of safety lard. PX4? did anyone ever buy those lol

If your glocks are that bad you should sell them. :) Then again i tend to be a boring person (as I age this is getting worse, I just want shit that works, I could give a f*** less about asthetics up to a point, no hi points here, too f***ing ghetto for me ) so i don't get hung up on having most of brand x, and ive already done the entire "45 ACP pistol tour" and ended up back at..... "
glocks and a few 1911s. " And if I was poor the 1911s would be gone tomorrow. (I keep them because I like shooting them and I can afford to keep them, lol) I owned most of the hk 45 product line sans the P9S and the USP expert, too, P220 folded + ST, all of them gone now. The only one I sort of miss is the proof marked P220 folded slide gun I had. That was nice.

I'm bored, so I'll talk more. I've had a .45 autoloader on my mind for a while now, but the Glocks are not high on my list mainly because I've got Glock fatigue as I own 3 already, one being 10mm. The 10mm holds more and has much more power, runs .40 no problem.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like a .45, I just don't want a Glock and the .45's Ruger made in the past really stands out for me, mainly the P90 as it's probably the least expensive DA/SA .45 out there. Beretta Px4 is also an option for a DA/SA .45, but that thing looks as thick as a Glock. The SR45 looks good and is priced good used and since it's a 10 round I get the feeling it's going to be a lot thinner than the Glock or Beretta. Kind of wish Ruger had made a compact version of the SR45.

Last but not least there's always Hi Point. They're +P rated, so you can feed it hot handloads, maybe even throw in some .45 Super just to test it. If it breaks, Hi Point basically replaces them for free. That's probably the one reason I'd buy it actually, just to run .45 Super. That and the camo models just look good.

a9d8a01efa552d65d0d8a766b1305bbc.jpg
Sig 220?
ETA: these guys beat me to it, but yeah 220 is accurate as eff and the west German folded slides are insanely accurate.
I also have a gen four g21. It’s a safe queen.

Funny. I used to have a German 220 as well.

Ditched that thing as soon as I could. I could not get used to the ergonomics. It fired unpleasantly.

Back to the 1911 I went!

Back
Top Bottom