Bottom Of The M-44 Barrel?

I stopped by Pats today to pick up some 54R and noticed he had 3 M-44's - all from RGuns. Mine came from there as well and was pristine, nice wood, great finish, shiny bore and all for $75.00... These looked pretty beat compared - still a great value, but not nearly as cherry looking as mine. It got me to wondering if we are nearing the end, or was this just a bad batch?

I looked at a couple of the usual distributors sites, and they still showed Excellent/Rearsenaled M44s in their catalog. The really big importer also has "Good" and "Good - Cracked Stock" listed - and if they are still grading the same as the last time I bought from them, "Good" means "functional, but beat to @#$%". Maybe Pats decided to try those grades out.

There were a batch advertised a while back from an importer called battle field pickups in original condition with no rearsenal process been done to them.
I never heard of any news from someone buying one so I don't know what they looked like.

The M44's are a dime a dozen, they are all over the place. Its when you start looking for Izhevsk or Tula markings and the rare hex receiver's. The different types of locking systems for the bayonet, the different front sights, and the low wall models made in 1945 into 1946. Is when you start to boggle over which one/s to buy and collect.

Back
Top Bottom