Boston LTC-A range requirement

Attorney Karen MacNutt argued limited hand strength in court regarding the range test and lost, however, I think that was because it was heard in marsupial (ie, state) court. The outcome might be different if it was brought as an ADA focused case in federal court.

Attorney MacNutt's case is the reason that the city pays for the test. She won on that point.

I'm not really sure why you're obsessed with marsupials. They're generally a cute and interesting subclass of mammals. I fail to see anything objectionable about them that would lead one to use them as a pejorative terms for certain humans.

I don't think an ADA related issue would ever come up with regard to the Boston range test. Kimmie1911 and I worked with a paraplegic who's paralysis also severely compromised the functionality of both his hands. He did fine on the test. Someone at the range was given a heads up and they were happen to accommodate his special needs. He shot the revolver and passed the test like anyone else. In these cases it's often just a matter of finding a procedure that works for the individual and practicing it.

Attorney MacNutt's case is the reason that the city pays for the test. She won on that point.

I'm not really sure why you're obsessed with marsupials. They're generally a cute and interesting subclass of mammals. I fail to see anything objectionable about them that would lead one to use them as a pejorative terms for certain humans.

I don't think an ADA related issue would ever come up with regard to the Boston range test. Kimmie1911 and I worked with a paraplegic who's paralysis also severely compromised the functionality of both his hands. He did fine on the test. Someone at the range was given a heads up and they were happen to accommodate his special needs. He shot the revolver and passed the test like anyone else. In these cases it's often just a matter of finding a procedure that works for the individual and practicing it.

When I took the test, one of the other guys shooting had limited mobility, used two canes to get onto the range and propped himself up on the canes to shoot. If I remember correctly, he was a competitive pistol shooter and had the highest score of anyone shooting that day.

They were happy to carry his 5 gallon bucket of ammo and revolver for him.

So can we go in there and take the test even if we're not residents nor applying for a Boston/Brookline LTC? Like going and taking it just for fun.

So can we go in there and take the test even if we're not residents nor applying for a Boston/Brookline LTC? Like going and taking it just for fun.

Nope, you need a ticket to go there with the date and time, only given to applicants when they drop off their application with BPD HQ. No walk-ins allowed.

I have been taking that test since 1982,and the guys at the range have always been cool.Most of the time telling everyone to just take their time. Every time you renew your LTC in Boston it's just like your going in for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom