Boston Globe, Daily Beast on "3D-printed gun" allegedly used in Rhode Island murder

3D printed handgun is just so gay and impossible. to be anything decent you would need to buy most of everything other than the frame. i would just buy a gun or make one out of a piece of pipe.

I'm positive he didn't print one of these:

liberator.jpg

In addition to that being one shot (and the article claims he "pumped bullets" into the victim), I'm also positive he wouldn't be smart enough to 3D print anything. I guess it's remotely possible he acquired a frame that was 3D printed by someone else. I'll wait until they prove that with evidence though. A P80 as suggested earlier is still where I'd place my bet on.

Police: Undetermined if gun used in R.I. homicide was 3D printed - The Boston Globe
PAWTUCKET, R.I. -- The police said Monday that the Rhode Island state crime lab was unable to determine the make-up of a gun that was used to kill a woman in her home on New Year’s Day.

The 9mm handgun seized in the fatal shooting of 54-year-old Cheryl Smith had appeared to be made with a 3D printer, said Pawtucket Detective Sgt. Christopher LeFort.

If so, this would have been the first homicide in Rhode Island committed with a 3D printed gun.

Horse shit.
They ran their mouths and now are looking for a way out without coming off as total tools.
That would have taken 2 minutes to determine.

And, 2 minutes even by someone who's never 3D printed anything before. Give it to me... I'll tell them the answer. I've seen and held 3D printed gun parts... they look 3D printed. Pretty obvious. These cops claiming incompetence and just gazing at their navel for weeks wondering what it could be, is rather disingenuous.

Detective Sgt. Christopher LeFort of the Pawtucket Major Crimes Square told Daily Beast the murder weapon “does appear to be 3D-printed” and added, “It’s the first one I’ve seen used.”

Maybe the gun used is not the same as the gun in the photos.

I can't imagine this Detective not knowing what a P80 is.

If the gun used was the same as the P80 in the social media posts, that Detective is an idiot that needs to be schooled.

Maybe he does not know the difference between an 80% lower and a 3D printed gun.

If the shooter has an actual 3D printed gun there is no reason for him to use it if he has this P80.

Trying to reason this out.

It is more likely that the P80 was used and the detective has no clue about guns.
Cops in RI are some of the dumbest bunch of numbnuts you'll find. Massachusetts police look like PHD graduates compared to RI pork chops. The Detective is a dope, he sees a gun that has no serial number and is too ignorant to know what he is looking at and just assumes it's 3D printed because it's something he sees on his Facebook feed relating to the Liberator, that actually is 3D printed.

The gun is clearly not 3D printed because there are no 3D printed lowers out there AFAIK that can be made from polymer.

While the suspects don't look like they have enough brain cells to be able to spell their own names, it's not improbable that they couldn't have bought a finished 80% lower from some black market seller. In fact, if 3D printing improves enough to the point a machine could make complete polymer lowers that are equal to an injection molded lower, I can see some enterprising individual investing thousands into a machine to sell lowers to the underworld for $200 a piece.

And, 2 minutes even by someone who's never 3D printed anything before. Give it to me... I'll tell them the answer. I've seen and held 3D printed gun parts... they look 3D printed. Pretty obvious. These cops claiming incompetence and just gazing at their navel for weeks wondering what it could be, is rather disingenuous.
None of us have even seen a picture of the actual gun and yet we're all informed and educated enough to know it's not 3D printed because we're actually intelligent people who read articles and watch videos about this sort of thing. Police, especially RI detectives, are the typical Rhode Island sort who put in minimal effort, went to the academy, and have done nothing since. They know nothing about 3D printing beyond what they read and hear in the fake news media, but because they have the badge and uniform and are treated like experts and royalty by local media, they can't admit they're unsure about something and seek assitance from people like us.

The Pawtucket police should release photos of the murder weapon and experts in the public (people like us) can give input on whether it's 3D printed or an 80% lower. We can get them an answer in moments.

Instead, they're going to call in the ATF, who will look at it for a few seconds and tell them the same thing and walk away figuring that Rhode Island police are the biggest dipshits in law enforcement.

Back
Top Bottom