Bolton, MA area

Check the "gun rights in your town" thread stickied at the top of the General
forum. If bolton is as adept at giving out LTCs as they are speeding tickets
then you should be in good shape. [laugh]

-Mike

I've lived in Bolton for the last 14 years. When I first moved into town, Warren Weaver (since deceased) was the Chief and he was probably the most LTC-friendly Chief in the state. When my LTC, which was at that time restricted to "target and hunting" under the old system, came up for renewal it came back as "protection" without me even asking. We've had a few changes in Chiefs since then, but my understanding is that Bolton is still very LTC-friendly and I know I've had no hassle whatsoever getting my LTC A/ALP renewed under the newer administrations.

In spite of a lot of growth recently, we're still a small town with a great police department. The current Chief's name is Vince Alfano and he's been in office about a year or so. I haven't had to renew since he's been in, so I don't know what his philosophy is, though I suspect I'd have heard if there had been problems. Your friend should give him a call and talk about his plans - can't hurt, might help.

The current Chief's name is Vince Alfano and he's been in office about a year or so.
I worked at Prime Computer for a couple of timespans, the first being 1980-1982.

The new employee briefing from corporate security was given by a suit who eventually left Prime to become a Framingham police officer. It's nice to see he's moved up in the world.

The new employee briefing from corporate security was given by a suit who eventually left Prime to become a Framingham police officer. It's nice to see he's moved up in the world.

Yeah, that's the same guy - he came to Bolton from Framingham. I haven't had any contact with him, but from everything I've read in the local paper he seems to be OK.

Just renewed mine in Sept last year. Class 'A' ALP or nothing here. Basically you are either a good guy or a bad guy. I guess those under 21 will get an FID, but that's only because they can't give an LTC.

I've talked to Chief Alfano, and he is a good person.

Only the third chief we've has here in Bolton, and the first who didn't 'start' here.

In fact, I can not say enough good things about our police dept. Great bunch of guys and gals.

Back
Top Bottom