Bob's Gun & Archery Shop Webster, MA

When I first went in the shop I had a bad experience and later found out I was in the wrong. I would definitely say Bob is a stand up guy and after buying several guns from him now I can say I missed judged him.

The more I go there I come to realize I could not do what he does, he works insane hours and handles everything from Guns, Fishing, Archery, Hunting equipment, Repairs etc etc. Bob is one of the most knowledgeable guys I have ever met. I was in his shop when I guy came and took a scoped rifle out of his case and before he even handed it to him, Bob said what's the matter is it shooting wide left and you can't adjust because it keeps going down and to the right.

The guy looked at him said how the heck did you know that, he said take a good look at your scope its got the wrong bases on it and the leupold rings are not set correctly your scope is pointing completely off center. I stuck around while he fixed but that cost the customer more than he thought it would, the scope was wrenched down so hard that the tube was bent. cha ching there goes a 300 dollar leupold, Guess who mounted that scope R&R in Belcher town. Bob told him to bring the scope back to him and roll it on the counter and watch it flop and ask for your money back. I wonder if he ever did?[thinking]

Almost forgot, this is his address

Bobs Gun & Archery Shop
144 Gore Road
Webster, MA 01570
1-508-943-6309

Last edited:
I would agree. Bob's is a great shop to buy or just stop in with a question or to check for some item that you cant find elsewhere. In my opinion, the nicest store in southern Worcseter County. I have been stopping in there for about 15 years and have purchased 2 nice Ithaca shotguns and lots of accessories. He has a nice selection of black powder stuff, things you wont find at Dick's. I think Bob has taken over for his dad and his mother works behind the counter on occasion. He has expanded the store and has tons of archery gear and fishing stuff along with some nice guality clothing. Limited in handguns but always a nice selection of high end shotguns and rifles. They always seemed helpful and friendly to me. I stop in every time Im down that way. Definately worth the time.

Bobs Gun Archery Shop

I have been dealing with them for a little over a year and have been really happy with the shop. I have learned to only deal with the owner, he seems to be the only one who knows anything. Anyone else dealing with them, I know they do a lot of business with CT residents because they are so close to the border. I just picked up a glock 17 3rd gen this past week for 475 which I thought was a screaming deal.

Had a great experience at Bob's recently. Called 10 gun stores looking for a Mass compliant Glock 19... nobody had it, but Bob's had TWO!

Held it aside for me, reasonable price, and good guy. Would definitely recommend.

BOB is A great guy I live about 1 mile away, he is A very honest business man I bought my first gun from him about two years ago when I got my license and I usually just stop by there and shoot the Sh** he also keeps up on the laws and gives me advice on reloading.

I do not know who Bob is but every time I stop by the shop the only person running the gun counter is some old lady. She doesn't seem to know anything about anything. Any time someone asks her a questions she says "I don't know, I will have to check with so and so". I stopped going because of that.

I do not know who Bob is but every time I stop by the shop the only person running the gun counter is some old lady. She doesn't seem to know anything about anything. Any time someone asks her a questions she says "I don't know, I will have to check with so and so". I stopped going because of that.

She had just recently started working there alot more in the past 5-7 months ago along with her husband.
Bob is constantly on the move, I think it was A good idea with keeping it in the family but if it is going to hurt his business he should probably hire somebody that know's about firearms and can do the sales.

New Shipment of Guns

Went to Bob's Gun and Archery yesterday, case has been restocked with alot of stuff... Crap load of glock 22's 3rd gen.. S&W 629's, M&P's, some other S&W revolvers, bunch of glock 17's a couple of 20's & 21's... And lots more... The shop is located on rt 16 in webster MA, phone # is 508-943-6309...

Went to Bob's Gun and Archery yesterday, case has been restocked with alot of stuff... Crap load of glock 22's 3rd gen.. S&W 629's, M&P's, some other S&W revolvers, bunch of glock 17's a couple of 20's & 21's... And lots more... The shop is located on rt 16 in webster MA, phone # is 508-943-6309...

+1 for bob his store is the best kept secret in Mass, hes got a better selection of handguns,shotguns and rifles than most shops I have been to in the last few months. including four seasons. I went to Four seasons because I was in the area, and his glock selection sucked. guns were dirty and beat up and over priced for the condition. just to see what me glock was worth I asked him what he would give me for a trade on my 17 3rd gen mint condition. he said 250.00 and I was being blown off because I wasn't buying. the place is definitely one of the busiest gun shops in mass but way over rated.

Bought my first hand gun from Bob this week, a G26. Bob was courteous, knowledgeable and great to shoot the s%$t with. I'm new to handguns and Bob answered all of my questions without making me feel stupid. He set me up with everything that I needed at a fair price. I also watched him deal with a younger "kid" that was looking for air gun related stuff. I was happy to see that Bob extended the same courtesy to him that he did to me. I will be his customer for life.

Bob's Gun and Archery Shop

LINK HERE: Bob's Gun and Archery Shop
508-943-6309
144 Gore Road
Webster, MA 01570

I'm surprised Bob's shop hasn't had any reviews yet. I regularly visit this shop and have nothing but positive experiences. Bob is knowledgeable and is willing to help his customers out.

During the peak of the ammo shortage, I've rarely seen any issues with Bob getting ammo. One thing I like about him is that he imposes NO limits on customers picking up ammo. Whenever I have some loose change, I always make my way down to pick up some ammo.

I've picked up a couple of Sigs from him and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Last edited:
I live on the South Shore but head out towards Worcester/Webster area once or twice a month. I checked out Bob's today and picked up some 40 cal. ammo that was priced well; better then any local shops out here. His selection was good considering the area and prices on some of the handguns used/new were also quite reasonable. I will definitely keep him in mind when I am looking to purchase my new revolver. Check it out when you are in the area, plenty of space to roam around the store.

I likes Bob's. Nice size shop with a good amount of guns. He was very helpful when I bought my 637 from him.

I love this shop. every time i go in there (once every 4-5 months) i ALWAYS walk out with a new glock of which he still has 2-3 left in the case. huuuuuge selection of hunting/fishing/shooting/archery items. was in there yesterday and bought a g21 for an extremely reasonable price compared to all other places ive looked. dont overlook this place.....bob knows his stuff and is a great guy to deal with. shop is a bit hidden but its well worth the hunt !!!

I got a good feeling in there also. Even though the Crossbreed holster was more through him than through their web site, he had what I wanted, and I could check it out. He said he would allow me to return it if I didn't like it. He had a decent selection of pistols, and was knowledgeable. Even though his staff is not 100% knowledgeable, at least they are there to wait on customers, more than other places around.

Was there yesterday. Bob is a good guy and he has a pretty well stocked pistol case. He also has a decent selection of black powder accessories and is one of the few local shops that actually stock real BP.

Bob's is a solid gun store. Great selection of Handguns, rifles, shotguns for great prices. Bob is really cool and helpful too. I'm going to use it as my main gun shop.

Bob had the M&P15-22 I was looking for in stock and was willing to negotiate to make the sale. He came as close to the 4 Seasons price as possible. Saved me the difference in gas money.. very cool guy to do business with... Not far from home either...

Another guy I do lots of business with is Dennis Doti at First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge...

Bob is always a great guy. Bought my first gun from him. Sometimes when I am near there for work, I stop in for a few just to look around. He always has Crossbreeds in stock too. I have bought 2 off of him already.

I can't say enough good things about this guy enough! He is VERY helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. I was shopping for a 1911, and I was glad to see a fair assortment in his store. Unfortunately, the one that I ended up wanting to buy, he did not have in stock at the time. (S&W1911SC E Series) He said that he was able to get 18 of them, and within a few days, he was completely sold out. I ended up buying it somewhere else because they had one left in stock.
The nice thing about his store, is that he also posts frequently on his website what he has in stock. My next firearm purchase will most likely be at this shop!

Back
Top Bottom