bobcat hunting

What can you hunt a bobcat in MA with? It just says only 50 bobcats can be hunted.

You can hunt them with any legal rifle, shotgun, or handgun during the day. Typically a 22-250 or .223. After dark, no larger than a .22lr or shotgun

The 50 animal limit has been lifted (just not in time to make the printing deadline). The season is open from 12/20/2010 thru 3/08/2011 in zones 1-8 only.

"Important Bobcat Information:
As of 2010, the statewide quota on the bobcat season has been removed and the sealing (checking) requirements have changed. Bobcats, whether trapped or hunted, must be checked and sealed within 4 working days of the end of the season--the same as for all other furbearers."

how hard would it be to go out and get a bobcat

A fair number of people are successful using calls, (both mouth & electronic). Others, it's just sh*tluck. With a little bit of research and some practice, I'm sure you could get a crack at a coyote, if not a bobcat.

There is actually quite a few of them around. I've seen a few just on the side of the road (alive not roadkill) near me, West Boylston/Sterling/Holden/Princeton. Kinda freaky when you see one for the first time.

I used to hunt bobcat in VT with my hounds. The reg's in MA are different, of course. Anyone hunting in VT, check out the high altitude swamps in the "Devils Den" area east of Tunbridge.
In MA, calling would seem the way to go.

I did but people on here said i could use .223 for bobcat then I read the MA guide and it says nothing larger then .22

I did but people on here said i could use .223 for bobcat then I read the MA guide and it says nothing larger then .22

Why don't you ask the MA Div of Wildlife or whatever it is called in your state for those answers?

Do you think perhaps that their opinions will carry more weight than those of people here?

The reason you see "hate" in this thread is because you are asking questions that you either should be able to figure out on your own, or you should ask of wildlife law enforcement agencies if you cannot figure out on your own.

Nobody here can give you advice that will keep you from getting jammed up.

Back
Top Bottom