Bobby Macs Custom Holsters

I would like to start by saying I don't give a review on many products as I find if you do your research most perform as advertised. However I would like to take the Time to tell you all about a custom Holster maker that is located right here in Chemlsford Ma. His name is Bobby Mac and he makes holsters for snub nose revolvers.

I contacted Bobby to discuss options for an OWB holster for my SP101 and as many of you who have carried this gun know it is built like a tank with the weight to match. I originally requested a canted compact belt slot holster, at which time Bobby explained the theories behind his various designs, asked questions about my carry preferences, and ultimately made a suggestion based upon our conversation. Bobby suggested a (Michael de Bethencourts belt slide) which is a neutral cant with fairly wide set belt slots. Bobby did say that he would make me any holster of my choice but he strongly suggested this holster based on our conversation and previous feedback from other users. After looking at my Box O Holsters (You know the one we all have) I decided that I would go with the holster Bobby suggested and all I can say is boy am I glad I did.

This holster is understated yet still displays a high level of craftsmanship, the stitching is excellent as is the finish. The firearm fits snugly inside the boned leather and will not fall out if turned upside down and shaken. The holster conforms nicely to the shape of your body pulling the butt of the gun in and due to it's design disperses the weight of the SP101 better than any other OWB holster I have tried (Kinda like a crossbreed or comp-tac but owb). The mouth of the Holster stays open without the need of a reinforced throat and the draw is fairly quick (Still breaking in).

As pleased as I am with the actual holster I will say that I am even more surprised by the level of customer service I received from Bobby throughout the entire process. Although it took several weeks for delivery of my holster Bobby made me feel as though I was his only customer the entire time. I can not say enough about my experience throughout this transaction and I just thought I would share my thoughts about a great option for custom holsters in our area.

Once again a great big Thanks to Bobby Macs (Just snubs)[/B]

I've got the sp101 and so far haven't been too lucky in the holster dept. I'm gonna have to give this one a whirl. Where do you carry? (clock position)

Back
Top Bottom