• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Boat question - local dealer or BPS showroom?

Cartoons

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
You know, I've heard that they have
  • Big Boats
  • Little Boats
  • Sailboats too
At the Great New England Boat Show.

But I've never been, so I could be wrong.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
You know, I've heard that they have
  • Big Boats
  • Little Boats
  • Sailboats too
At the Great New England Boat Show.

But I've never been, so I could be wrong.

You should be shot for putting that song in our heads. LOL.

Went to Bub's last weekend. I might not be getting a boat THIS year at all. LOL. They have to call Tracker and see if they even HAVE any 9.9hp engines. It's not standard anymore and Merc. themselves has ZERO. So it might be 6 months (read: September) for me just to get the engine. They said it was crazy trying to get inventory for anything. Pontoons in general are 12 weeks out.

I haven't been there in almost 10 years. The "old man" is ANCIENT now. The son (John? Jeff? Joe?? Jim??? Dammnit! Why can't I remember names) was real helpful. Seems like he's doing most of the running now based on watching things going on.

I was hoping NOT to have my Jon boat engine looked at this year. I was hoping to just skip it. Nope. Oil change. Check the cooling system (seems to be clogged somewhere) and give it the once-over.

STMONTY53

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
IVE LIVED ON A LAKE ALL MY LIFE, MY ADVICE STAY LOCAL, IT WILL PAY OFF IN THE END. ALSO IVE OWNED OVER 10 PONTOON BOATS THRU THE YEARS BUT NEVER OWNED OR WANTED A SUNTRACKER PONTOON, DONT REALLY LIKE HOW THEIR BUILT. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. JUST SAYIN. GOOD LUCK

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I didn't go pontoon route.... but I close on a Bayliner 185 on Thursday. Guess I hate money. I did stay local with my purchase, and they have been great to deal with.

Top Bottom