• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

boar hunting

i remember hearing that there were wild boar in NH... what do i need to go about hunting these boar licences,tags ect..?.

i really want to kill a wild boar its my new lust[wink]

I have heard of NH boar hunting but only on preserve land. I'd love to hunt one with bow or revolver. My brother in-law swears he saw a huge boar in a guy's front lawn in Plymouth early one morning this fall. Who knows...

I have heard of NH boar hunting but only on preserve land. I'd love to hunt one with bow or revolver. My brother in-law swears he saw a huge boar in a guy's front lawn in Plymouth early one morning this fall. Who knows...

i would not put it past these invasive critters, all most all of the south is packed with them seems the only way for them to keep muliplying is north.

Ive heard of the rear boar sightings.

i believe since they are non native, it would be open season all year. If you see one i think you can shoot it, as long as its in a place where its legal to shoot. the ones you would find there are escape convicts from a preserve or someone had one as a pet etc on there personal farm and it managed to get loose or it was let loose.

they wont last up there, you would need some forest gump pure sht luck to get one. the reason is, if there is one seen wondering around someones going to get it, think about it, as soon as it goes into the wrong yard and starts wondering around for food, someone going to look out there window say What the? a Boar!!! Bang dinner!

same with the mountain lion tails, tracks or sightings. i don't think they are really truly there. when seen or a paw print found, i think there escape convicts also. they probably came about in rear sights because someone had one as a pet somewhere up there and it got to big, so they just let it go. same with a wolf sighting, probably someones pets at one time.

most of the guys who have shot a boar loose in Maine NH Vermont, they all say a guy down the street used to raise them, or a fence fell down at the preserve that's a few miles from there home. everyone that Ive heard of being shot had got loose from somewhere or another.

From what I have been told there are a bunch of wild Boar in NH. They escaped from a preserve and have been breeding. They are of russian decent so the weather does not affect them.

The First "Pure Russian" wild boars were brought into the US by Austin Corbin. They were released into a 20,000 acre enclosure in Sullivan County New Hampshire in 1890

Back
Top Bottom