Blow Out Deal on Plate Carriers!!!!

If it's dirt cheap, it's always too good to be true. Learn the lesson long ago.

Don't felt bad if you didn't get the deal. Search for the next good deal.

Ya but you know how many other great deals were to be had those two days? I passed on a few because of this one... thats the worst part, plus I really liked TAG as a company.

If it's dirt cheap, it's always too good to be true. Learn the lesson long ago.

Don't felt bad if you didn't get the deal. Search for the next good deal.

Yea, well this is pretty disgusting on their end, it's not like these prices were up for 40 mins and a bunch of us snuck in, they were up for 2 days and then seemingly confirmed as correct by the company themselves. Smells like they intended on doing this and then thought better of it after the fact or something, pretty messed up.

First off I just want to say that I realize tanstaafl but...
My random thoughts are as follows:
-Equitable Doctrine of Unilateral Mistakes-(the
other party had reason to know of the mistake or his fault caused the mistake) ---This appears to be the main argument made when a company won't honor a price. I dont believe this argument can be made by TAG after the aforementioned facebook post confirming that an item was in fact 93% off. After reading that post I know I for one felt that is the prices in their "blowout" section were not the result of an error and were just what they claimed to be, a blowout price.
-One part of their last email says,"As a result of the error and the incorrect pricing, we are unable to accept and process your order for the mispriced item/s" On the contrary, the order confirmation email proves that not only was the order accepted it was in fact accepted and then confirmed.
-Most online retailers have a disclaimer such as this one by amazon.com to cover instaces such as this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...cou/184-2490528-3587216?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508088 under the pricing header. It states that they are not responsible for erroneous pricing etc. It is a term of using their site. I have found no policy on TAGs site like this. I only see a shipping and privacy policy.
-I find it interesting that my order with the original pricing still show up under my order history on their site. Also under order history my orders are listed as Order status: Order Received which goes back to my second point.
Then again I'm just a dumb electrician so I would love to hear someones opinion who has a better legal understanding.

This.

I made another thread to expose them and get this more attention. the title of this thread may not attract other to look at it and I feel another thread may attract some who may be able to give helpful insight.

Here it is: Not a Dupe since this thread is about the deals and my thread is about getting f'd in the butt.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/179826-Options-Tag-not-honoring-Black-Friday-Sale

How do you get f'd in the butt? Vendor has the right to not honor price mistake. I know they don't have policies like most online retailer. What are you loose on this deal? Your CC not even get charged. Items not shipped.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

How do you get f'd in the butt? Vendor has the right to not honor price mistake. I know they don't have policies like most online retailer. What are you loose on this deal? Your CC not even get charged. Items not shipped.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE
taghv.jpg

-Most online retailers have a disclaimer such as this one by amazon.com to cover instaces such as this. http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...cou/184-2490528-3587216?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508088 under the pricing header. It states that they are not responsible for erroneous pricing etc. It is a term of using their site. I have found no policy on TAGs site like this. I only see a shipping and privacy policy.

Ya but they are now openly stating on their site that they will be having "system upgrades" tomorrow the 29th

I can't say that I'm surprised that it was an error. I am a little bit disappointed that I missed out on SKD's sale as I was planning on picking up a pig rig. At least they didn't still send/charge me for the $150 worth of full price items on my order as well.

Live and learn. I'll never spend a dollar with TAG and will make sure this story gets told to as many ears will listen. They could have been a stand up company, admitted their mistake, honored the prices, lost a few bucks, and had my respect and loyalty to them for many more dollars in the future.

Funny, they still haven't put any of the items back in stock....most items are still showing as back ordered under the blowout section.

Not to [horse] but TAG's website is still down. I cant help but think they are loosing a massive amount of dollars in lost sales. Funny how this thing turned out...I think at this point it would have been much less costly for the company to have honored all the sale pricing errors rather than go into hiding like they have. They went almost a week with phones off, now the websites down for 1 day shy of a week. What is the going on in their leaderships head?

I just got an email saying:

Dear Chris,

As you know, we experienced a system issue on the TAG website during the Black Friday sale that resulted in incorrect pricing being displayed for certain products. We sincerely regret the error, and we apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you and our other customers.

In the course of investigating the error, we also discovered that during the Black Friday sale, a TAG employee mistakenly stated on our Facebook page that the prices on the load out bags were correctly stated on the website. At the time, those prices were incorrect. However, because of the further confusion the Facebook statement caused, TAG has decided to honor the incorrect pricing on the load out bags for orders that were placed during the Black Friday Sale.

If you would like us to process the order you placed for the load out bags, please reply to this email.

As a valued customer, your business is very important to us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Hawting
EVP Sales

So they will ship out the load out bags.

I just got an email saying:

Dear Chris,

As you know, we experienced a system issue on the TAG website during the Black Friday sale that resulted in incorrect pricing being displayed for certain products. We sincerely regret the error, and we apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you and our other customers.

In the course of investigating the error, we also discovered that during the Black Friday sale, a TAG employee mistakenly stated on our Facebook page that the prices on the load out bags were correctly stated on the website. At the time, those prices were incorrect. However, because of the further confusion the Facebook statement caused, TAG has decided to honor the incorrect pricing on the load out bags for orders that were placed during the Black Friday Sale.

If you would like us to process the order you placed for the load out bags, please reply to this email.

As a valued customer, your business is very important to us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Hawting
EVP Sales

So they will ship out the load out bags.

That's good news, but honestly it is least they could do given the huge cluster f**k they caused. They should have honored ALL of the orders and had it come out of the employee's pay check for that bonehead move.

Well after long last TAGs website is back up. How long has it been since it went down?? 2 months?? That ****ing Crazy!

Has everyone who ordered loadout bags received theirs yet? I did a while ago and must say, great quality. I enjoy watching the ones people bought to sell keep getting re listed on ebay cause nobody is buying them [laugh]

Last edited:
Bump.

Just thought I'd dust this thread off... I hope nobody gets screwed by a company like this.

Keep in mind, people asked "are these prices real?" To which someone in their company said "prices are real, come get em!"

I'm shocked to see that they are still in business

I noticed they arnt promoting any black friday deal this year [laugh].

I love my loadout bags though, took them on multiple trips this year, hold a ton of shit.

Back
Top Bottom