• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black friday. TS Winchester vs Costco Bighorn

I won't say if 10-15 reps of 180#s is in my wheelhouse.

It's one step up then one flight down. Looks like it'll work.
Now got to convince the wife we need an appliance dolly for the house.

If you have to lift it up and your helpers are not very strong. I don't know if total of 2 people will be enough. Your refrigerator might weigh 300-400 pounds. See if you guys can move that without a problem. That will give you an idea of your capabilities.

I'm thinking of the Winchester from TS. Any opinions about laying it flat in the back of a minivan?

Anyone else worried about the delivery guys knowing about you getting a shiny new gun safe?

Putting it in and getting it out of the minivan would tune things up most likely. It's movable but still fairly heavy and the weight can damage some things. I laid mine on a trailer, took the trailer off the car at home and hand moved it around to the back of the house, then went with the dolly from there.

I doubt the moving guys care. If you want, just mention it's a gift for your brother who is coming from out of state to visit.

If you are going up stairs the dolly makes it a lot easier. A couple guys pulling on the handles and one pushing should make it real easy. For just getting from the truck to a walk in cellar or garage, One guy with a good dolly can do it himself. The toughest part is tipping it back. The dollys with the wheels that fold out make moving them a breeze. They can be rented for short money at U-Haul.

I've had the Winchester from TS for a few years. Its been great, no issues. I change the battery once a year. 8 rifles and shotties and its tight. Job Box for ammo and all the related stuff.

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I'm leaning heavily towards the Winchester. I like the fact that it indeed does weigh more, which will be an advantage for where I plan to put it. Comes with the door pockets, and a hair more room inside. The finish is nice, and at $50 less, I can just buy a couple of pizzas for my pals to help me out with it. They owe me more than a few House moving favors anyway, haha.

Thanks for the input everyone! I think I'm leaning heavily towards the Winchester. I like the fact that it indeed does weigh more, which will be an advantage for where I plan to put it. Comes with the door pockets, and a hair more room inside. The finish is nice, and at $50 less, I can just buy a couple of pizzas for my pals to help me out with it. They owe me more than a few House moving favors anyway, haha.

I had 4 friends help me along with a heavy duty 2 wheeler, the safe weighed around 700 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom