• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Black Friday @ Dicks Sporting Goods - Afterthoughts....

Nice story and it's nice to see that you truly get enjoyment out of your work.

Thats how my wife makes me feel all the time. "go ahead, you deserve it". even while she sacrifices.

I have a good life.

Attachments

• facebook.jpg
    facebook.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 67
Great story, thanks for sharing it with us. It reminds me that there are so many things to be grateful for, most of which we don't pay attention to and overlook. You are now part of that guy's happy memory, good job!

Mark, I don't know what that place would do without you. I had a guy tell me a set of radios sitting in a recharger base was not a rechargeable set. Another guy was utterly clueless on 22 ammo. I said ... "I'll wait until Mark is available. He'll know what I need."

But I did manage to find the very last pair of the sale-priced Midland 22-mile radios in the store, as you know. They had 'em up at the Customer Service desk. [grin]

Great story, and well told!
Now imagine if that guy had been greeted by a callous, ignorant uninformed scrooge instead of you? An entirely different story with a far less happy ending, I'm sure.
Great job!

Nice story, Mark. [grin]

In NY seeing the parents, and I was able to get in and out of the Crossgates DSG in under 20 min...along with two bulk packs of XM193 (same as usual price - $119/ea), two bulk packs of WWB 9mm (same as usual price - $29/ea), and two boxes of Federal .223 55gr JHP (CHEAP @ something like $9.99/ea). Refreshing to not have to show an LTC to buy ammo. Wasn't even asked for ID of any type for the transaction, short of verifying the credit card signature.

The counter was packed - the stack of transfer paperwork was a good 4"-8" thick, and in the 10 min I was there, I saw a good half dozen guns get queued up for sale.

Back
Top Bottom