Bill To Make Buying Pepper Spray, Mace Easier In Mass. Stuck In Legislative Limbo

$100.00!!!

That fee was changed to $25.00 years ago.

Still ridiculous.

Just wondering if that's a direct quote from Barrows, or botched reporting.

Because the bill doesn't specify that the spray can only be used in self defense. WTF? These pols are EPICALLY stupid. [banghead]

That's just a lame assed excuse. They're going to put it into a bill where the 'permit fees/requirements' are dropped for it but will undoubtedly have some big anti-gun shit in it as well. Basically, if you want people to be able to get pepper spray, they're going to have to give up something 'killy'. [puke]

JMOO/YMMV

Will be addressed in a upcoming gun control bill . All of them can go shit in a hat

This

That's just a lame assed excuse. They're going to put it into a bill where the 'permit fees/requirements' are dropped for it but will undoubtedly have some big anti-gun shit in it as well. Basically, if you want people to be able to get pepper spray, they're going to have to give up something 'killy'. [puke]

JMOO/YMMV

and this

They'd rather wait for another girl to be raped, beaten and possibly murdered to speed up the process. My guess is whistles are cheaper!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Educate me please, pepper spray is a "convenience store" or "K-Mart"-type item.....just throw it in your shopping basket and that's that.....basically everywhere in the country but MA, is this right?
Yes. No other state criminalizes pressurized-hot sauce posession without a government permission slip.

It's too bad some group of woman said F#@K YOU! and drove to NH or Maine and bought pepper spray, I mean bus loads of woman, civil disobedience, in your face to the state law makers on beacon hill, kinda like Conn. gun owners not registering their AR's.

God, that would be great!

So, instead of just passing a bill that covers a single, common sense, nonpartisan issue... you want to address the issue in a gun control bill? Well, that makes no F'ing sense at all. Good job.

Guys there could be a mass pepper spraying in our schools and and the guy could get off. Its for the kids. Ignore the clearly spelled out laws against attacking people.

In other news I have basic firearm safety in about 2 hours :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

So, instead of just passing a bill that covers a single, common sense, nonpartisan issue... you want to address the issue in a gun control bill? Well, that makes no F'ing sense at all. Good job.

To a Bacon Hill liberal politician it makes all the sense in the world! Massachusetts political strategy dictates you never just "give them something for nothing" even if that something could mean saving the lives of women under assault. Got bipartisan support? Save it and use it as leverage on a partisan bill!

This state is so sad it leaves me speechless.

That's the FID cost.

LoginName is correct. There's a specific FID for pepper spray only and the cost is $25. However, the process for getting the license is the same.

Loginname, let everyone keep thinking it costs $100. It helps the cause of getting the bill passed.

Here is what I posted on the article. I like to stir the pot!

Mike-Mike • a few seconds ago

When the government cant protect you, you need to protect yourself and your family. If 50% of us carried guns and or spray. These dirt bags would go to Chicago where they can be safe. Our Gov not only can't protect us, but actually inhibit us protecting our self and out families with their "common sense" gun control designed to disarm the law abiding.

If everyone from MA on this forum would take just 5 minutes and contact their representative about this bill, it would get out of committee for a vote. Its going no where because no one is contacting their reps about it. Instead of complaining about it here, do something constructive.

Educate me please, pepper spray is a "convenience store" or "K-Mart"-type item.....just throw it in your shopping basket and that's that.....basically everywhere in the country but MA, is this right?

For the most part yeah. IIRC, some states require pepper spray only be sold at drug stores, or some other type of preferred merchants, but no other state requires anything more than a photo ID showing you're of age for the state's requirements.

MA is also one of only seven states that prohibits all civilians from owning a taser or "less lethal" self defense device, even in your own home. Our state laws are really written to favor the criminals in all situations.

The only restriction about pepper spray in most states, maybe all, except Mass, is just don't use it for a crime. If you do, you've got a problem and will face charges.

It's too bad some group of woman said F#@K YOU! and drove to NH or Maine and bought pepper spray, I mean bus loads of woman, civil disobedience, in your face to the state law makers on beacon hill, kinda like Conn. gun owners not registering their AR's.

God, that would be great!
Why just women?
http://www.bostonexpressbus.com/

LoginName is correct. There's a specific FID for pepper spray only and the cost is $25. However, the process for getting the license is the same
The regular FID requires a gun safety course; the spray (restricted) ID does not.

Back
Top Bottom