Big props to Yankee Hill Machine

Hey folks.

I'll keep this as short as I can. The point is: Huge thanks/thumbs up to Yankee Hill Machine, www.yhm.net .

I bought a YHM forarm for my AR from an internet vendor, Area 51 Tactical. Also great people! Upon recieving it I discovered it was a free float. Which is great, but I actually wanted a standard one to simplify installation. And I'm a lousy shot so I wasn't concerned about the accuracy benefit, just install.

I checked my order with A51 and it really was my fault but they said no problem on the trade. For grins I checked out YHM's website and discovered they are only about 45 minutes from my house AND that they offer free install on their products. I figured, hell, if they'll install it, exactly what do I have to lose?! It's cold and I'm a wuss and not going shooting anytime soon..

I called and they said "send it in" and leave a CC# for return shipping. I was able to have a friend drop it off for me so that was free and figured he'd be able to pick it up too.

Sent the upper down and as per the Communist Republics requirements the existing muzzle brake was perm. attached. Problem is the gentleman who built it did a nice job and the peen/weld job was hidden. I didn't know and YHM didn't notice, until they broke the threads off the barrel!

They called me immediately and told me "Uhh.. we mangled your upper". They told me that the brake was perm and blew the threads off. I'm not the type to get all bent over something like this and it was really a chance to get a new muzzle break. They have a nice one I wanted but wasn't really willing to spend the $30 (whatever) to get it. They said cutting new threads was a non-issue and they'd take care of me "as it was their fault".

In the end: I swung down last Friday and picked it up.

It really was my fault they broke the barrel, but..

They recut and threaded my barrel for free.
GAVE me the muzzle break : Phantom Comp/Brake YHM-5M1 ($30)
Installed the forarm for free (as quietly advertised)
AND - GAVE me the fancy end cap for the free float - Forearm End Cap
YHM-9484-B -$16.

I don't know what the cut and rethread would have been, maybe $50? But basically they gave me $100 in stuff plus the install of the forarm for not a red cent.

On top of that they were up front and honest about the brake even though it was not their fault.

I was hip on these guys because they are local and make a nice looking product (I also have their flip up sites), but I am totally sold on them now!

As for Area 51. Good folks, they were SUPER fast to ship my parts, shipping was fair, prices were fair and when I didn't return my old parts promptly they both e-mailed and called looking for them! Classy people, all.

I have a bunch of YMH parts on my NES M4 and I agree that their parts are pretty much top notch. Not sure I agree that it was your fault that they broke your bbl. They should of noticed it was that well put on. Breaking your bbl is not a good thing and I would expect nothing less then them being honest with you. I'm glad that they fixed it for you and added some extra parts at no cost to you. Also something I would of expected for what they ended up doing.

My concern, if I was you, would be whether they crowned the bbl right and that you have no loss in accurancy due to all the work they did. Good luck.

I have a bunch of YMH parts on my NES M4 and I agree that their parts are pretty much top notch. Not sure I agree that it was your fault that they broke your bbl. They should of noticed it was that well put on. Breaking your bbl is not a good thing and I would expect nothing less then them being honest with you. I'm glad that they fixed it for you and added some extra parts at no cost to you. Also something I would of expected for what they ended up doing.

My concern, if I was you, would be whether they crowned the bbl right and that you have no loss in accurancy due to all the work they did. Good luck.

Their crowning or not crowing of the barrel correctly isn't going to be MY downfall! ;)

Regardless, I am quite pleased with them!

I don't know, even a properly installed non-pinned flash hider/muzzle brake can be a real PITA to remove. Either way, they made it right and that's what counts.

They make sweet products and now are making complete firearms, if any of you get the opportunity you should check out their work.
Yankee Hill has been quietly making parts for the firearm industry for many years and recently started their own superior product line.

...Sent the upper down and as per the Communist Republics requirements the existing muzzle brake was perm. attached. Problem is the gentleman who built it did a nice job and the peen/weld job was hidden. I didn't know and YHM didn't notice, until they broke the threads off the barrel!

I ordered a YHM upper a little while ago, informed them that it would be going on a Mass gun and that I needed the muzzle brake to be permanently attached. When I got the upper, I thought they forgot to weld it, till I brought it to a local gunsmith and he explained that it was indeed welded on (I forget the term he used to describe the type of weld it was). But, it was such a clean weld you couldn't tell, YHM does beautiful work.

Don't get me wrong - it's excellent hearing any company do this.

But it's a sad statement when we're now shocked and surprised when any company admits wrong doing and does the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom