• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Big-E Gun Show / March 8 & 9th

Just a heads up ... got my postcard in the mail the other day for the Big-E show. I missed that last one (on purpose) but will be at this one mostly to watch the dumbasses [laugh] and look for some goodies.

img012rg0.jpg

I've been to this show a few times before and was wondering...I am from Connecticut and hold a CT pistol permit,would I be able to purchase a long gun at the show as a non-resident?

I've been to this show a few times before and was wondering...I am from Connecticut and hold a CT pistol permit,would I be able to purchase a long gun at the show as a non-resident?

Not from a MA dealer. I would say something like 99% of the dealers are from MA. (Its against MA law for a dealer to sell to residents of other states... YAY MA!)

--EasyD

I have my FFL in CT. If you find something you want let me know. I will be there on Sunday and can pick it up and bring it to my shop for transfer. If your interested PM me and I can give you my phone #.

kingson, where's your shop?

I was thinking of going to this... then realized "Oh yeah.... it's in MA."

are there any pics of these gun shows ive never been to one

Nope pics are not allowed.[grin]

Yeah...they don't like cameras there. The first time I went (last year) I brought my Canon Rebel XTi (not small) and had it hanging around my neck all day. No one told me not to have it (ticket lady, Trooper at the door, random people, vendors, etc) until the asshat who "runs" the ammo tent told me if I didn't get rid of it in 30 seconds he was going to smash it on the ground. I politely told him I would put it in the car and that no one told me not to have it - he cut me off to call me a liar. At that point I laughed out loud at him and walked away.

Yeah...random rant.

Just a quick update- in the shriners thread someone posted that some FFL stated that the Big e parking had gone up, according to their website it is still 5.00 show admission is 8 unless you have a $1 off coupon. (local papers and Shotgun news. )

There are dealers there from CT that will do the transfer right there.
You just have to pick it up at there location in CT. Or they can ship it to your FFL.

I should make it there Sunday - entertainment value, mostly. I like going, but haven't found much to buy the last couple years, and I find myself buying from Guns & Gun Parts, whose shop is all of 2 miles from the Big E. They are one of the few tables there who don't seem to price their stuff at "rape the customer" levels.

I'll be there tomorrow with the wife and youngest son. I've got Kingson's cell number with me in case I find something I just HAVE to have.... but what's the process if I DO find something.... I know I need to call him, but would I pay for it and have it shipped to him, or pay for it at the table, and have him pick it up on Sunday when he goes to the show himself?

I'll be there tomorrow with the wife and youngest son. I've got Kingson's cell number with me in case I find something I just HAVE to have.... but what's the process if I DO find something.... I know I need to call him, but would I pay for it and have it shipped to him, or pay for it at the table, and have him pick it up on Sunday when he goes to the show himself?

If you pay for it, I can pick it up on Sunday (saves on shipping cost), just call me and let me know who it is. If you have any questions feel free to call me

I already know I'm not going to buy anything, but I'll still be there tomorrow just to walk around and enjoy the sites. Bringing my Dad, whos on the lookout for a cheap 357. Doubtful he'll find one in the $200 range he's looking for, but just looking is part of the fun.

Yes we just got back too, got ther at 9:15 got quite a few 1919 parts I wanted and some ammo cans (new in crate) 15.00 for 2, wasn't too busy till around 10:30 and then started picking up. normal prices, saw a norinco AK sporter (milled reciever, high cap with sporter stocks) for 350 they had it marked and priced as an SKS. Since I have plenty of ak's I didn't go for it. Wife and I had a very enjoyable am.

My son and I went this morning and agree on how busy it was. Lots of people there and seemingly more tables. Unfortunately he still gets bored easily so I couldn't look closely for any deals.

My son and I went this morning and agree on how busy it was. Lots of people there and seemingly more tables. Unfortunately he still gets bored easily so I couldn't look closely for any deals.

I remember those days.[laugh] It'll get better. We did have a good time as always. Once it got really crowded,I waited at the end of the aisle for Glenn, I couldn't have gotten close enough to a table at that point if I wanted to. Figure then Glenn can take his time and I'd wait.

Got some ammo cans, a Small Arms Review binder to hold back issues and got 2 - 32 round Uzi Mags.. Then we went shooting at S&W range. Pretty good day for a rainy saturday

Back
Top Bottom