Big dog or mountain lion

Are these tracks from a big dog or a mountain lion?

Lk5XLfY.jpg

WEaVCu1.jpg

Front to back it was about 4.5 - 5 inches. There weren't enough to see the gait of the animal.

Pads are spread out rounder on lion tracks. It's best when you actually see the cat. Had one cross the road bout 100 meters out, moved fast and couldn't tell if the was a golden retriever or cat till I pulled over and saw it's face.

These tracks only crossed the trail 300 yards from the parking lot and did not continue along the trail like a pet would with another hiker. They did not reappear anywhere else. There were patches of snowless areas along the trail and in the woods so it could have been a dog who did not follow trail.

Those are the tracks of a chupacabra. But if you could get a grainy, out of focus picture taken in bad light while shaking like a leaf it would definitely be a big foot. Or a ufo. Unless it's a loch Ness monster. But I'm thinking chupacabra.

It's a dog, you can see where the nails indented the snows.

Kitties retract their claws.

Non-retractible claws == Canid

I had tracks like that in my yard; later I saw my neighbor's GSD running loose again. I don't mind them letting the dog run free, but they really ought to take off the choke chain first.

If not the size, the claws give it away.

Back
Top Bottom