Big Brother's new target: Tracking of all firearms

I just found this:

Big Brother's new target: Tracking of all firearms
'This is nothing less than a declaration of war on American gun owners'

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=86039

U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., is hoping to pass a firearm-licensing bill that will significantly rewrite gun-ownership laws in America.

Among the more controversial provisions of the bill are requirements that all handgun owners submit to the federal government a photo, thumb print and mental heath records. Further, the bill would order the attorney general to establish a database of every handgun sale, transfer and owner's address in America.

The bill claims its purpose is "to protect the public against the unreasonable risk of injury and death associated with the unrecorded sale or transfer of firearms to criminals and youth."

Get "Shooting Back," the incredible DVD that shows once and for all why you should be packing heat for the protection of yourself and your loved ones, only from WND!

Columnist David Codrea of Guns Magazine, however, calls it a "ridiculous affront to liberty."

"This is nothing less than a declaration of war on American gun owners," Codrea writes on Gun Rights Examiner.

Rush's proposed bill, H.R. 45, is alternatively known as "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009," named after an Illinois teenager killed by a gunshot.

According the bill's text, "On the afternoon of May 10, 2007, Blair Holt, a junior at Julian High School in Chicago, was killed on a public bus riding home from school when he used his body to shield a girl who was in the line of fire after a young man boarded the bus and started shooting."

The bill then argues that interstate firearm trafficking and children dying from gun violence create legitimate cause for the federal government to monitor gun ownership and transfers in new ways.

If passed, the bill would make it illegal to own or possess a "qualifying firearm" – defined as any handgun or any semiautomatic firearm that takes an ammunition clip – without a "Blair Holt" license.

To obtain a "Blair Holt" license, an application must be made that includes a photo, address, all previous aliases, thumb print, completion of a written firearm safety test, release of mental health records to the attorney general and a fee not to exceed $25.

Further, the bill makes it illegal to transfer ownership of a qualifying firearm to anyone who is not a licensed gun dealer or collector. Exceptions to this rule include transfer to family members by gift or bequest and loans, not to exceed 30 days, of a firearm for lawful purposes "between persons who are personally known to each other."

The bill also requires qualifying firearm owners to report all transfers to the attorney general's database. It would also be illegal for a licensed gun owner to fail to record a gun loss or theft within 72 hours or fail to report a change of address within 60 days.

And if a minor obtains a weapon and injures someone with it, the owner of the gun – if deemed to have failed to meet certain safety requirements – faces a multiple-year jail sentence.

H.R. 45 is a resurfacing of 2007's H.R. 2666, which contained much of the same language and was co-sponsored by 15 other representatives and Barack Obama's current chief of staff, Rahm Emmanuel. H.R. 2666 was assigned to the House Judiciary committee, where no action was taken.

H.R. 45 currently has no co-sponsors and is likewise assigned to the House Judiciary committee.

Not going anywhere. Bobby Rush files similar bills every session, and the committee chair flushes them down the toilet.

Can they make it so only criminals need to register their unlawfully owned handguns?

Is it still the same committee chair this year?

No, but it doesn't matter. The Democrats realize they have far bigger fish to fry. With two wars, the economy in the can, universal health care, etc., gun control is not on the radar screen of the leadership. They remember what happened after the Brady Bill. Also, they don't have a large enough majority in the Senate to beat a filibuster.

If they win larger majorities and Obama wins a second term, that is when we should worry.

Reps. like Rush and McCarthy submit this kind of crap every session. It doesn't go anywhere.

An article I read this morning talked about how Hillary Clinton has said that during her term as Secretary of State she would strive to get the US to honor "international treaties and agreements" on small arms and global climate change.

I know that JPFO, NRA, and others have all talked about how gun control could potentially come thru an end run around our legislature by signing an international treaty.

The cynical side of me says that this is where we really ought to be watching - because it would allow all of the govt. repreweasels to deflect the blame and say that they were just adhering to international law or some other BS.

An article I read this morning talked about how Hillary Clinton has said that during her term as Secretary of State she would strive to get the US to honor "international treaties and agreements" on small arms and global climate change.

I know that JPFO, NRA, and others have all talked about how gun control could potentially come thru an end run around our legislature by signing an international treaty.

The cynical side of me says that this is where we really ought to be watching - because it would allow all of the govt. repreweasels to deflect the blame and say that they were just adhering to international law or some other BS.

Just two more ways to disarm and enslave the masses.

"Global climate change" is just another fruadulant excuse to tax into perpetuity both corporations and individuals. Climate change has been going on since the beginning of time and will continue forever. It has just recently been discovered that it can be used as leverage to extract money from people.

Every time I hear the words it makes me want to go out and light a car tire on fire just to make sure I get my fair share of carbon tax's worth of emissions.[angry]

The volcanic erruptions in the past 30 years alone have exponentially counteracted every anti air pollution measure ever put in place by man and will continue to do so until the human race is but a memory.

The reason for this is because when the S#$t hits the fan and the people in this country wake up to what is happening and the government decides to take away your guns they will know what houses to go to. Simple as that!!!!

It's ridiculous how these legislators exploit tragic events to push their agenda. It happened, it was unfortunate, let's move on......Not oh my god, the horror, let's strip the American people of their rights so we maybe save just one life.

The reason for this is because when the S#$t hits the fan and the people in this country wake up to what is happening and the government decides to take away your guns they will know what houses to go to. Simple as that!!!!

Exactly. Big Brother doesn't want us able to rise up against the gov't and get rid of them for a new and better one if we chose too. This is yet another example of how owning guns legally gets you penalized.

Guys, take a deep breath. This has zero chance of going anywhere.
Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but what is your logic and/or evidence for such a pronouncement? Please share so that others here may make up their own minds.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you, but what is your logic and/or evidence for such a pronouncement? Please share so that others here may make up their own minds.
Guys, for goodness sake, get a grip. Every single legislative session the usual suspects submit the usual crap gun control bills. You think this is a first time for Rush or McCarthy?

1) Democrats don't have enough votes to pass a vote of cloture in the Senate. They can't break a filibuster.

2) Democratic leadership has indicated that they are not interested in pursuing gun control.

3) Gore and Clinton have both said that the Brady Bill caused them to lose control of the House after 1994. They really, really, REALLY want to stay in control of both houses.

4) They realize that there are major crises now: A) economy, B) deficit, C) Iraq, D) Afghanistan, E) Gaza, F) cost of health care. The leadership is not interested in pushing gun control at this time. They are far too busy with complex problems.

5) They see the press reports about everyone buying guns. They know that all those people will be pissed if they pass gun control.

Look at who is pushing these bills. Who are the authors and who are the co-sponsors? Bobby Rush? No power. No leadership position. Nothing. He's a back bencher with no support. Same with McCarthy.

The Democratic leadership is, actually, relatively pragmatic. Even after they took control of the House after the last mid-term election, did they push to impeach Bush as many of their supporters wanted? No. They knew it was a waste of time and not the thing to do in a time of war. Don't listen to idiots like Rush and McCarthy. Listen to the leadership.

If the Democrats get the economy back on track and Obama wins re-election, then start worrying. Until then, take a deep breath.

Last edited:
Guys, for goodness sake, get a grip. Every single legislative session the usual suspects submit the usual crap gun control bills. You think this is a first time for Rush or McCarthy?

1) Democrats don't have enough votes to pass a vote of cloture in the Senate. They can't break a filibuster.

2) Democratic leadership has indicated that they are not interested in pursuing gun control.

3) Gore and Clinton have both said that the Brady Bill caused them to lose control of the House after 1994. They really, really, REALLY want to stay in control of both houses.

4) They realize that there are major crises now: A) economy, B) deficit, C) Iraq, D) Afghanistan, E) Gaza, F) cost of health care. The leadership is not interested in pushing gun control at this time. They are far too busy with complex problems.

5) They see the press reports about everyone buying guns. They know that all those people will be pissed if they pass gun control.

Look at who is pushing these bills. Who are the authors and who are the co-sponsors? Bobby Rush? No power. No leadership position. Nothing. He's a back bencher with no support. Same with McCarthy.

The Democratic leadership is, actually, relatively pragmatic. Even after they took control of the House after the last mid-term election, did they push to impeach Bush as many of their supporters wanted? No. They knew it was a waste of time and not the thing to do in a time of war.

If the Democrats get the economy back on track and Obama wins re-election, then start worrying. Until then, take a deep breath.

Thanks.
IMNSHO what you've presented is kind of logic people here will tend to listen to. Just telling people to get a grip or breath deep without explaining why can be as insulting and annoying as listening to a politician say "trust me blah blah blah."

umm officer its a squirt gun, airsoft gun? noo i dont own any, did you konw they are starting to do this with new borns? taking blood to have a DNA on a mater database

Thanks.
IMNSHO what you've presented is kind of logic people here will tend to listen to. Just telling people to get a grip or breath deep without explaining why can be as insulting and annoying as listening to a politician say "trust me blah blah blah."

Which is just what I said in my previous post: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=726806&postcount=8

[rolleyes]

I've been here a little while. I think I have an idea of what people here will listen to. Which is why I wrote the aforementioned post. But thanks for the lesson. [slap]

The Democratic leadership is, actually, relatively pragmatic. Even after they took control of the House after the last mid-term election, did they push to impeach Bush as many of their supporters wanted? No. They knew it was a waste of time and not the thing to do in a time of war. Don't listen to idiots like Rush and McCarthy. Listen to the leadership.

I think with number 5 you highlighted what I believe is one of the most effective tactics we can employ in fighting any and all attempts at gun grabbing.

Whenever it looks like there is a serious gun grab attempt in the works - go crazy, panic, buy as many guns as you can possibly afford.

It's an economic war the grabbers can't possibly win. Every time they talk about grabbing we just fill the pipeline with more guns and make any potential grab just that much harder.

And - as you said, add a whole bunch of people who have the potential to get really pissed off.

Yes, all of that (thanks for injecting some reason into the argument) - and in addition there are a surprising number of pro-gun Democrats in Congress, many of whom would never stand a chance of re-election if they went the other way.

Back
Top Bottom