• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden vows to ban assault weapons 'come hell or high water' - Biden made the comments during the House Democratic Caucus Issues Conference

Using the Feds own reports the Last 10 year assault weapons ban did little to Nothing on reducing Gun Violence, so let's do that again..... What a Clown leading the Clown Show !
The intention isn’t to reduce gun violence. But you’re right.

Biden's an old man just preaching to the choir. He allowed the mean girls and boys to take over his admin and he still doesn't know he's just a prop. He really thinks he's the President is doing a wonderful job and people love him. :oops:
If he runs again the only way he wins is if he goes up against Trump, if DeSantis or Pompeo is the nominee, he will get crushed. Unfortunately, Trump is such an egomaniac he won't back down from running for the good of the country so another term for Dementia Joe is a real possibility.

I think outside of slow Joe's wants, an assault weapons ban is probably, at least temporarily on the back burner. The machine is slowly turning on Biden. They got out of him what they wanted.

Biden's an old man just preaching to the choir. He allowed the mean girls and boys to take over his admin and he still doesn't know he's just a prop. He really thinks he's the President is doing a wonderful job and people love him. :oops:
If he runs again the only way he wins is if he goes up against Trump, if DeSantis or Pompeo is the nominee, he will get crushed. Unfortunately, Trump is such an egomaniac he won't back down from running for the good of the country so another term for Dementia Joe is a real possibility.
DeSantis, the guy in whose book that came out is praising the Bush family and whom Jeb! "fully endorsed" last week? Yeah, DeSantis is totally a guy that can be trusted and won't turn into a RINO once in the White House once the lobbyists and special interest groups starts dangling checks in front of him.

Pompeo has no charisma, he'll never make it out of the primaries. Trump is your only hope as if DeSantis gets in it'll be the 3rd term of GW Bush.

Biden will push this until the end of his term. Only a few politicians actually care about gun rights. As a whole group the majority wants them severely limited to people. Much like the model we imposed when we were in Iraq , now that was a great example of going door to door to enforce it.

He is shooting for a compete ban, cuckservatives will settle on hi-cap ban, then they both will celebrate a victory at the same bar, laughing at dumb sheeple who donated millions over this show.

Have we not been here before?

now that was a great example of going door to door to enforce it.

We both know that wouldn’t happen on U.S. soil.

That would be the end of society as it is known today. No F’ing way. They will just pass an x-post facto ban and then scoop gun owners up in the legal system one by one. Bankrupting them and destroying their families to make an example.

why? :)
why do you think the good people of a friendly neighborhood swat team with a federally appointed handler overseer will not go door to door busting in while having friendly federal judge`s signature on a warrant to take everything from you? and you will do nothing at all, at the face of 5 proper machine guns pointed at your whole family at 3am.
as all that was done before and will be repeated in the future, as many times as you get people in charge lusting for power.

biden appointed more than a 100 federal judges not for nothing. they have al they need to get pretty much anything they want done. they have all the required legislature in place to override any of 'freedoms' you think you have. once they claim you are a 'domestic terrorism' suspect - they need no proof to ransack your house and incarcerate you. grr.

why? :)
why do you think the good people of a friendly neighborhood swat team with a federally appointed handler overseer will not go door to door busting in while having friendly federal judge`s signature on a warrant to take everything from you? and you will do nothing at all, at the face of 5 proper machine guns pointed at your whole family at 3am.
as all that was done before and will be repeated in the future, as many times as you get people in charge lusting for power.
They would only get away with for so long. To do that on a mass scale is not feasible.

They would get away with it in places like MA and NY but wait until they get to the rednecks of Appalachiastan.

That would be the end of society as it is known today. No F’ing way. They will just pass an x-post facto ban and then scoop gun owners up in the legal system one by one. Bankrupting them and destroying their families to make an example.
I used to think that until this administration came in. I’ve never seen an administration so he’ll bent on destroying the country. I also blame Republicans since most of them lost their balls or sold them to big defense or pharma.

To do that on a mass scale is not feasible.
well, it is a biggest of illusions one may possibly have.
to fight against it you would need to go full rebel mode - means drop your house, family, and go deep into forest to start burning party members families at night. a full blown civil war like it was in baltic states against ussr.

there cannot be a full blown civil war here in a society that ceases to function properly without chinese toilet paper available at a local store for less than a week.

well, it is a biggest of illusions one may possibly have.
to fight against it you would need to go full rebel mode - means drop your house, family, and go deep into forest to start burning party members families at night. a full blown civil war like it was in baltic states against ussr.

there cannot be a full blown civil war here in a society that ceases to function properly without chinese toilet paper available at a local store for less than a week.
B38294EA-EAD2-43AA-8645-7AD52FDD83FB.gif

DeSantis, the guy in whose book that came out is praising the Bush family and whom Jeb! "fully endorsed" last week? Yeah, DeSantis is totally a guy that can be trusted and won't turn into a RINO once in the White House once the lobbyists and special interest groups starts dangling checks in front of him.

Pompeo has no charisma, he'll never make it out of the primaries. Trump is your only hope as if DeSantis gets in it'll be the 3rd term of GW Bush.
I'd take Desantis over Dementia Joe any day. Yes, Pompeo has no "charisma" but his message would appeal to Americans concerned with China, Russia and Iran. He's a true Conservative and has the pedigree. Watched some of Trumps speech at CPAC last night, almost 2 hrs of airing his grievances which he needs to get over if he seriously wants to win. At the end of his speech he did articulate his vision for the future of America which was positive but he's too old.

I'd take Desantis over Dementia Joe any day. Yes, Pompeo has no "charisma" but his message would appeal to Americans concerned with China, Russia and Iran. He's a true Conservative and has the pedigree. Watched some of Trumps speech at CPAC last night, almost 2 hrs of airing his grievances which he needs to get over if he seriously wants to win. At the end of his speech he did articulate his vision for the future of America which was positive but he's too old.

Be honest: how many Americans do you put in that category?

I'd say you're lucky to hit 10%. The rest either don't care, or care a little but care about other things much, much more. For instance, if a candidate was tough on China but weak on 2A, I wouldn't even consider him. If I was a farmer, though I might care about Russia, I'd care about my own subsidies a whole hell of a lot more.

Charisma, like it or not, is one of the main reasons people win elections.

true, and the fact that most charismatic leaders now are 2 geriatrics in their 80s - i do not know anymore what is wrong with most people here.
as it seems it will be an another trump vs biden election circus.

Be honest: how many Americans do you put in that category?

I'd say you're lucky to hit 10%. The rest either don't care, or care a little but care about other things much, much more. For instance, if a candidate was tough on China but weak on 2A, I wouldn't even consider him. If I was a farmer, though I might care about Russia, I'd care about my own subsidies a whole hell of a lot more.

I agree with you, charisma is one of the reasons Trump beat Hillary but Pompeo has the pedigree and resume. He might not appeal to soccer moms and suburban Dems but he would appeal to educated/informed Conservative/independant voters who put Trump over the line in 2016. I never thought Trump had a chance in hell of winning in 2016, I still remember waking up at 5:15am and turning on Fox and watched/heard then announce Trump had WON. I sat in my chair laughing my ass off for 10 minutes and then turned on CNN to watch the whining and crying. [rofl]

I agree with you, charisma is one of the reasons Trump beat Hillary but Pompeo has the pedigree and resume. He might not appeal to soccer moms and suburban Dems but he would appeal to educated/informed Conservative/independant voters who put Trump over the line in 2016. I never thought Trump had a chance in hell of winning in 2016, I still remember waking up at 5:15am and turning on Fox and watched/heard then announce Trump had WON. I sat in my chair laughing my ass off for 10 minutes and then turned on CNN to watch the whining and crying. [rofl]

Hillary, I think, was a major reason for the Trump win. That's not to take anything away from Trump; I think it's just reality.

This time, if it winds up as a 2020 rematch? Trump and Biden will each be the other's Hillary, I suspect. It'll be ugly. They'll both have very high negatives.

Hillary, I think, was a major reason for the Trump win. That's not to take anything away from Trump; I think it's just reality.

This time, if it winds up as a 2020 rematch? Trump and Biden will each be the other's Hillary, I suspect. It'll be ugly. They'll both have very high negatives.
Many people, including Holman Jenkins Jr. in the WSJ, credit Comey reopening the Hillary email investigation for pushing Trump over the top in 2016.
That said Hillary had the charisma of a dead fish and Trump is, to say the least, an extrovert who loves the limelight and the back and forth with reporters and the public.
Just look at the WH press corps frustration with Joey Cones and his press secretary's lack of info and evasiveness.

They would only get away with for so long. To do that on a mass scale is not feasible.

They would get away with it in places like MA and NY but wait until they get to the rednecks of Appalachiastan.
They'll just do a Hazmat train derailment and wait a few years for the cancer to kick in.

Well one thing is for certain.... he's likely going to be in hell long before some kind of a actual ban happens.... so he should stick to talking about prescription jugs, tae-kwon diabetes, corn pop and all that other stuff he likes to talk about...

It wouldn't be all that difficult for a panel of AI to generate a consensus and a list on which gun owners are the most likely to resist, when and where the best times to apprehend them are, and from that a portion of the least likely to resist owners will voluntarily turn in their guns.

The goal for any tyrannical gov't is to wholly eliminate the potential for resistance to their power. A slow bleed over decades of plea deals and prosecutions isn't effective because it's too slow, it doesn't account for major status quo changing disasters where people realize that the current regime in power is beyond ineffective, but outright hostile to themselves and must be destroyed.

Gov't will always take action of a mass scale when it determines it is under threat. There is no immediate threat posed by the people, even the MAGA elements that the Potato ranted about before the mid terms have been pacified by the lifting of COVID stuff, 6-3 SCOTUS, slim House majority, and the perception of a 2024 victory.

That can change if financial circumstances decline tremendously from the incompetence/hostile actions by the regime making people comfortable to destitute in a matter of months, if food insecurity explodes, if war with Russia/China becomes a reality and a draft is implemented.

The concerning part of that is major events like hyperinflation, debt default, economic Depression, WW3, energy shortages, and grid failures, etc. are not some fable relegated to science fiction anymore, they're staring us right in the face on a daily basis and there's no urgency by gov't or the people to correct it.

So, the people wait for the cards to fall and society to break down, which if you watch social media society is breaking down here in the cities in the US. With a lack of interest in maintaining social order by government across all levels a breaking point will be reached and it is at that point that the armed civilian elements of the US will create a new order which will bring them into opposition with whoever is in control of whatever calls itself the authority of the US.

That authority has every reason to choke off supplies that can be stockpiled by the Resistance in anticipation for that time, better yet confiscating it to reduce its capabilities.

... "No single action will stop mass shootings, much less gun violence more generally," said The Washington Post in an editorial. But the "evidence of the need for a ban on assault rifles" is overwhelming. As is the evidence "of the need for a ban on high-capacity magazines." Restricting how many rounds "a gun can fire before a shooter has to reload are more difficult to skirt than flat-out assault rifle bans," because manufacturers can just "make cosmetic changes that will reclassify their products." So if banning assault rifles, like the AR-15s used in 10 of the nation's 17 deadliest mass shootings, is too much to ask, start by addressing the ammo clips that no law-abiding civilian really needs ....

Back
Top Bottom