• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best reasonably priced tactical ma legal shotgun?? any thoughts?

I am thinking about getting a tactical shotgun. What do you all think is a dependable shotgun with a reasonable pricetag.

870 with choate mag extension and D cell mag lite adapter....that was "tactical" at one point.
I had all the goodies the 90s had to offer on my 870...sold it all and just have a 20g 870 youth for "HD"

Just go Benelli M4.

Waste of money. Just get a Benelli M1 with a 20" barrel.

In all seriousness, please define "tactical".

I'm what I like to consider a "real" shotgun shooter. i.e. a wingshooter and I consider tactical shotguns to just be for guys to shoot at milk jugs. Yes, I look down on it. ;-)

Don

- - - Updated - - -

Rem 870 Police Magnum, used trade-in usually for a decent price and built like a tank.

If you can't find one. A plain old cheapie 870 express is all the tactical you need to defend the homestead. Although I like semi-autos. The 1100 is a great gun too.

As is my 24" Benelli Super Black Eagle II.

If you go Remington, I'd stick with used greater than 5 years old. I've seen a lot of crap come from them lately.

Mossberg 930, 18" bbl, 3" slugs, gas semi auto:

Mossberg930_SPX.jpg

$485.

Last edited:
RIA M5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-EH8Czmd1Q

Bought one last year for $200 OTD. AWESOMELY smooth action, speed feed stock, threaded barrel, heat shield.... Built like a tank on the proven High Standard Flight King design . Only down side is that aftermarket accessories are scarce. Only thing I changed was the front sight and I added a flash light mount to the mag tube. Love it.

Last edited:
If your looking for an Inertia driven shotgun consider the Stoeger m3000 or the m3k 3gun variant. It's a poor man's Benelli and popular in the 3gun circuit.

Back
Top Bottom