• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best (inexpensive) way to improve Ruger Target Mark IV trigger?

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
I have a new Mark IV Ruger target .22 pistol. The trigger is not very good at all. Anyone know some reasonably inexpensive way to improve it? Is there the equivalent to a 'drop in' mechanism? Or anyone around locally (Metrowest) who does this kind of basic work?

I have a Mark II I bought used which has an amazing trigger, I don't know if its because it was broken in extensively , or if the previous owner did work on it, or if they just made them differently back then.

Does Volsquarten (or however you spell them) have a sear for the IV yet. I have that and the trigger on my mk III and love it. Installed it myself no problem.

I had the VQ trigger kit installed in my Mk IV and it made a huge difference. Forget what I paid but it wasn't ridiculous and completely changed the shooting experience with the pistol. Just do it.

If you want to learn still more,
consider searching or browsing the Ruger Semi Auto Pistols subfora on Rimfire Central.
(Aka "Ruger Mk Series & SR-22 Tips, Tricks & Other Helpful Information").

Example thread found by searching them for "trigger":
(I do not intend by posting this example to be making an Apex ad.
It's just that it's on-topic and the first thing I found).

Back
Top Bottom