• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Guns For Alien Invasion ???

If you want a fun quick scifi read, theres a short story called The Road Not Traveled by Harry Turtledove. It kind of covers this topic with a sort of unique twist

Why does everyone think that if we are visited by "something" from far away, that the visitors come to harm us? Jack.
Because they probably sat outside our atmosphere and watch us. Realized that the only thing the people on this planet agree on is killing each other. And decide to get rid of us before we ruin the galaxies..... Paul

Oh - I forgot to mention the trusty Flobert Parlor Rifle as an alternative to the Glock 7. Everyone should have at least one Flobert.

Rather than worrying about what kind of gun to get, we should take a more proactive approach...build a very, very tall wall.

Frank

BFG a la doom 2. That thing doesn't miss.

Too slow repeat rate. I always rocket with the shotgun, and then switched to the rocket launcher or plasma rifle when things got interesting.

NOT the Starship Troopers gun. Those things sucked ass.

I wouldn't mind a good m249 for close to work, with a good SAPL on call.

That would be ironic.
Because they probably sat outside our atmosphere and watch us. Realized that the only thing the people on this planet agree on is killing each other. And decide to get rid of us before we ruin the galaxies..... Paul

Why does everyone think that if we are visited by "something" from far away, that the visitors come to harm us? Jack.

I think it was Hawking who said that even if the aliens aren't intending to harm us or take us over, it'll still be bad for us. Because they'll be WAAAAAY more advanced than we are.

I gotta bitch here about the movie Signs.

Guy owns a farm in the boonies, and doesn't even own a shotgun? Or a 22?
OK - I will grant him this, but he had plenty of time to get his ass to the gun store and buy one. I mean, they were watching shit on TV for days. Then, the Aliens show up, naked, with no projectile weapons? They traveled light years, and invade a planet that is 70% covered in water? Knowing water is lethal to them? HUH?

So, assuming they are huminoid, and can be killed without any added effort, you just cant go wrong with a decent AR. If they need a little more umph to put them down, lever gun in 30-30. A lot more umph? Lever gun in 45-70. A 12ga would likely be fine, but limited range makes it less than ideal.

Guns!
Who need f***ing guns?

A looped recording of Slim Whitmans 'Indian Love Call' will take care of the little bastards...

Ack... ack, ack, ack, aaaaaaaaaaaaaack...

Squirt gun. Most aliens come from planets with no water, and contact with water causes instant death.

Did you watch 'Alien Nation' by any chance?

IIRC, it was salt water that killed the Slags.

Back
Top Bottom