Best drop in handguard

SKS Ray

NES Member
Dabbling into the world of AR building for the second time in my commie gun loving shooting career and I grabbed one of the BCM mid length uppers w/out handguard. I've already got an Anderson lower and will be picking up a Spikes LPK tomorrow so now I'm thinking what brand of handguard.

I'm not looking to build a precision target rifle because I've already got one. I just want a drop handguard with rails for a reliable but durable rifle.

Fire away with suggestions.

Midwest .
I use one of there two part free floats since there the only one who makes one for the osprey . I assume it has a standard ar style barrel nut. There drop in free floats are made to work with the stock nut. If you have the delta ring and pack etc you can just cut them off with a dremel vs having to undo remove then re-tq.
They also make drop in non free float for less.

They have ones that will go past the front sight if you got one.
http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=149

It used to be that the Daniel Defense Omega was the only answer to that question. Now there are too many to mention.

What are your needs?
Do you want 4 continuous rails, or something slimmer and more lightweight?
Do you need the newest and greatest fancy keymod trendy rail?

It used to be that the Daniel Defense Omega was the only answer to that question. Now there are too many to mention.

What are your needs?
Do you want 4 continuous rails, or something slimmer and more lightweight?
Do you need the newest and greatest fancy keymod trendy rail?

I honestly don't like the slim handguards. I was thinking basic with four rails.

also have the dd lite rail 2. thinking about getting away from quad rails, but honestly this rail is the best quad rail available.

update: if you're keeping the fsb have you thought of the moe midlength handguard?? easy to drop in and light weight

I'll buck the trend and say MOE hand guards. Cheap, light, easy to change if you want too. I have a set of MOE on one of my mid length carbines.

Back
Top Bottom