• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best ccw in semi auto?

Looking to purchase new ccw. Looking for opinions and info. Not looking for g26 or g27 because they don't feel good in my hand. Any other suggestions?
Thanks

if you MA, your choices are limited.

check the firearms section, i was just looking for some shotgun info and found 10 threads there to help me.

have you tried the M&P compacts?

What are your needs? Full size, compact? Capacity, slim?

We'll need a bit more info to point you in a general direction, in the end the decision is really going to be up you.

Para Warthog...Small and has some weight to it, so after it jams on you, you can throw it and probably give the BG a nice egg on the forehead.

Love the gun, still do not trust it as a ccw

Para Warthog...Small and has some weight to it, so after it jams on you, you can throw it and probably give the BG a nice egg on the forehead.

Love the gun, still do not trust it as a ccw

I would hazard to guess that if a mini-glock doesn't feel good in his hand neither will a Warthog (SUPER think IMO[smile]).

Definitely try out an M&P compact, they are a dime a dozen (you will just need a trigger job). S&W also just released a new 1911 compact model.

On the used market you can find just about anything if you are willing to pay for it, but it really comes down to trying them out first.

What about a baby SIG, like the 232 (or a 230 if you can find one used)? I like everything about Glocks except they don't fit my hand right. If /380 isn't enough for you, then I'd go with a 239 in 9mm.
I have a 229 in 40 which I love, but it's kinda big to stuff down your pants.

Looking for compact size w/8-10 rd mags, Currently looking at the sw99ol compact in 9mm and .40. Any suggestions? I own the M&P 9mm full size and love it. The only thing that is in question for me between the 99ol and m&p compact is that the 99ol doesn't have an accessory rail so i think it will conceal more comfortably.

Looking for compact size w/8-10 rd mags, Currently looking at the sw99ol compact in 9mm and .40. Any suggestions? I own the M&P 9mm full size and love it. The only thing that is in question for me between the 99ol and m&p compact is that the 99ol doesn't have an accessory rail so i think it will conceal more comfortably.

find a springfield xd

Where do you live? Any restrictions?
I have a Sig P230 that is Sooo nice! The Bersa Thunder, the older ones are VG also. I have a buddy w/ 2 CZ .32acp that he is selling. One used, one NIB. Real short change. He just sold his Bersa .380, NIB yesterday. jp

i used to cary an M&P9c - you won't even notice the rail with a decent holster.

if you already like your M&P9, a 9c or 40c sounds logical... or a mid-size 3rd gen Glock (19 or 23) [wink] - you'll pay a premium, but you might actually like them with 13 rounds of .40 or 15 rounds of 9mm.

my carry is a G23 most of the time or a full size 1911. again, the holster makes a difference.

I carry full size, M&P40 and Glock 22 with no issues. As jay_chris said, the holster makes the difference.

ETA: The rail doesn't make a difference on concealability/comfort, but I don't have anything mounted on mine. (Need a battery and holster with room for my Insight X2)

Hey Magna, I don't know where you're located, but your best bet would be to go to an indoor range that rents guns, and try out a bunch of them.

I mean, on paper, the G26/27 are exceptional carry guns, but you've found that they don't fit your hand. I'd tell you to get a G29, but most folks don't like the recoil or the size of the grip. The only way you're going to know what works is to shoot 'em all.

I sold my G27 and bought a 5 shot Airweight Ti S&W, best move I made...

The G27 Sucked to conceal... And my realistic chances of needing a few extra rounds (but I have two speed loaders) is slim... Light and compact, easy to conceal and for me, the perfect carry gun. BTW I AM and Auto fan, but this just works...

if you already like your M&P9, a 9c or 40c sounds logical... or a mid-size 3rd gen Glock (19 or 23) [wink] - you'll pay a premium, but you might actually like them with 13 rounds of .40 or 15 rounds of 9mm.

my carry is a G23 most of the time or a full size 1911. again, the holster makes a difference.

What type of holster do u recommend i personally prefer iwb.

I like Crossbreed holsters, also Milt Sparks but you will probably wait a long time for a Milt Sparks. I do not have any but others like Comp-tac and there are many more.

S&W CS9
7+1 9mm
Crossbreed holster

Pic below is just about life sized (a bit bigger on screen) so hold you hand up to the screen for a visual on size relative to hand.

100_0184.jpg

High Noon also makes good holsters, but the wait time is significant unless you want a vertical ride (no cant) or are willing to spend some extra coin on their faux ostrich models.

The good news is that M&P 9c holsters or finally beginning to come available from almost every good manufacturer. Galco (the only company I will deal with for off-the-rack models) has finally come up with a Concealable model for the 9c. I will buy one to replace my not so concealable Comp-Tac belt (not IWB) holster.

Back
Top Bottom