• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Ammo Prices?

The best prices I've found are from The Ammo Factory in my basement. Right around 12¢ per round for pistol ammo and 28¢ per round for .308.

Collector's Gallery in Stoneham has pretty decent prices - but so far, nothing has Dick's or Wally World beat. If you can actually find ammo there. I snagged Federal .45ACP for $15/50rnds at a Walmart when I was down in PA - oh how I wish I had more cash on me!

The cheapest ammo I have seen in NH has been at riley's. Most of the other stores(including dicks) cost about double what you can get it for online.

The cheapest ammo I have seen in NH has been at riley's. Most of the other stores(including dicks) cost about double what you can get it for online.

You gotta be kidding. Every Walmart I've ever been in is cheaper than Riley's. Riley's is only marginally better than any other gun shop when it comes to ammo prices.

You gotta be kidding. Every Walmart I've ever been in is cheaper than Riley's. Riley's is only marginally better than any other gun shop when it comes to ammo prices.

Depends on the ammo and who you're comparing them against.

Against most of the stores in MA, and probably about 80% of the stores in NH, Riley's is on average, WAY cheaper. Against mail order, group buys, etc, not so much.

Wal Mart is hands down the cheapest for FMJ pistol ammo but they don't carry bulk rifle ammunition at anything resembling an attractive price.

-Mike

Depends on the ammo and who you're comparing them against.

Against most of the stores in MA, and probably about 80% of the stores in NH, Riley's is on average, WAY cheaper. Against mail order, group buys, etc, not so much.

Wal Mart is hands down the cheapest for FMJ pistol ammo but they don't carry bulk rifle ammunition at anything resembling an attractive price.

-Mike

Good luck with mail order in MA. I am in no way a big fan of Wally's, but they do have the lowest prices on pistol ammo that I've seen. As for rifle ammo, they carry it for hunters, not us.
I'm only recently into rifles and don't find any real bargains on 7.62 NATO anywhere. No, 0.46 per round is now a good deal for me. Even the best prices I've found on Berdan primed rounds are out of my price range.

My walmart stocks very little ammo, with their remington .308 being $18 or $19 a box. And the local gun store's only box of .308 under $20 is privi partizan at $18 a box.

Back
Top Bottom