• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooter's Outpost II - Amherst, NH

Thanks. Yeah I don't know where you can shoot tracer anywhere in MA or NH, wish I did!

I wondered if that was all 7.62x54r or maybe other good stuff. Sounds like there's other good stuff in there so I'll have to take a ride and check it out!

If you take the trip out on a Saturday, make a morning of it. First, stop next door at A&E for New Hampshire's best coffee.

Then, after torturing your credit cards at Shooter's, take 101A down to Djinn Spirits; Djinn, like several other NH distilleries, can sell their product direct to the customer, giving lie to the claim that the only place you can buy a bottle of hard liquor in New Hampshire is at the state stores (yes, the state still gets a cut). There are also two breweries near Djinn-- one, White Birch, started out up in Hooksett, was a regular stop on my trips to the original Outpost.

And if you want to make it a "full BATFE" run, O'Shea's (Irish Tavern & Cigar Bar) is across the road from Djinn, and Atlas Fireworks and Gunrunners 101 are both just a mile or two west of SO-A.
Hmmm sounds like the birth of "ATFE Tours", run a bus tour out of MA with a disclaimer that tourists are responsible for themselves and what they may or may not purchase.

OK, who bought All the 7.62x54R?
Good looking store, good people working there.

Also, in the same building as Shooter's, Dutch Epicure bakery is excellent. Across the street, Flying Butcher is worth a stop.

And there is a Harbor Freight on the same side of the road, a little further down (heading West).

And definitely DO NOT forget "Bently's" across the street. They have THE VERY BEST melt-in-your mouth roast beef sandwiches, and other really good food.

Checked out the new location tonight. The staff was great, struggling cash register, something about the software. Any POS guru here.......help Jim out!

This is why shooters doesn’t want to deal with selling certain things to Mass residents. When he gets sued from Healey how many of you are going to chip in for the lawyer?

That's why it is critical to make sure that the sale of a firearm to a Licensed Mass Resident shows a SKU number that matches a lawful-to-own firearm for Mass.
Just swapping out a flash-hider for a muzzle brake and grinding off a bayo stud is iffy...

Stopped by today. They were open10a-3p Christmas Eve. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

900 rounds crates of 8mm Mauser piled high. $349 ea . At least I think it was 900 rounds. Definitely Mauser as I have one crate myself. 2racks of milsurps to fondle
VGC + Yugo SKS, enfields , M48 yugo mausers. Swede Mauser and more. I can’t complain as they were priced well. $250-$499 IIRC. One yugo was really pretty. Wanted that one but not today Another SKS Behind the counter. $499. Looked like an M59 SKS. The yugo SKS before the grenade launcher

Not dissing SO or the guys there, they are great. Just a heads-up if you want to use them for a transfer. Apparently it takes their system 24 hours to register a serial number and they can't process a transfer unti that happens. That means at least 24 hours to do a transfer, and if you happen to want one on a Sunday, that means pickup on Wednesday (closed Mon and Tues).

I don't know what kind of BS the system provider is shoveling, but as someone who works in IT I can tell you there is no reason a DB update should take that long.

Not dissing SO or the guys there, they are great. Just a heads-up if you want to use them for a transfer. Apparently it takes their system 24 hours to register a serial number and they can't process a transfer unti that happens. That means at least 24 hours to do a transfer, and if you happen to want one on a Sunday, that means pickup on Wednesday (closed Mon and Tues).

I don't know what kind of BS the system provider is shoveling, but as someone who works in IT I can tell you there is no reason a DB update should take that long.

It’s not them it’s the states “gun line” , they are backed up something fierce because of understaffing and excessive incoming checks , by next week it’ll be 3 days for a transfer if the buying keeps going the way it is

It’s not them it’s the states “gun line” , they are backed up something fierce because of understaffing and excessive incoming checks , by next week it’ll be 3 days for a transfer if the buying keeps going the way it is
No, they don't even put into the state system until the serial number is in their internal system. That's the delay point. from when they enter the gun info till when it "appears" in their system so they can transfer it out.

This has nothing to do with new sales, it's only when you walk in to do a transfer. State and Fed checks were going on all around me, and no 4473 was completed, I have to do that on Wednesday when the gun is available in their system so they can transfer it. They don't even process the payment until for the transfer until they actually do it, after it shows in their system, after the 24 hour delay.

On another note: Fed checks were running real-time, I picked up an M38, state running about and hour. NH really needs to scrap its state system, it just a waste of taxpayer money, just do them all through the Fed system.

This time I am dissing them a little.
They should have called me first thing, like they said they would, confirming it was in there database and I could come down and do the 4473. They didn't, and when I called to ask about it he said he didn't know anything about it and I'd have to come down, seemed not really interested in helping me. I pushed him to check into it, "why should I come down and be around a bunch of people if it's not ready?" So he looks, says it's in the system and I need to come down to do the paperwork (no kidding). I tried to get his name so I wouldn't need to go through it all again, but he hangs up.

I know this is just a transfer, but I do buy there, got a M38 on Sunday when I was there for the transfer. Maybe I need to rethink SO2, I've done a fair amount of business at Merrimack, never felt like they couldn't be bothered to help me.

All this because their system doesn't let them take a gun in and transfer it out on the same day. I'm going to end up making 3 trips there for a simple transfer. One with the former owner to drop it off, another for me to do the 4473 once it's in their system, and probably a third given the long time the state is taking (that one's not their fault).

Stopped in at SO2 around 5PM today, they had a sign up at the door stating "Masks on or off, your choice" (Being in Amherst, so they can get away with that); OTOH, using the hand sanitizer just inside the entrance was all-but mandatory.

Still reasonably well stocked with firearms, including the expected assortment of SIG and such. Most ammunition was plentiful and prices reasonable, though for all but bulk packages the limit is now 200 rounds/person/day.

Update: Got the answer on NH-POC "instant" check back (submitted after 4PM, answer came back at noon the following day)

Last edited:
Stopped in at SO2 around 5PM today, they had a sign up at the door stating "Masks on or off, your choice" (Being in Amherst, so they can get away with that); OTOH, using the hand sanitizer just inside the entrance was all-but mandatory.

Still reasonably well stocked with firearms, including the expected assortment of SIG and such. Most ammunition was plentiful and prices reasonable, though for all but bulk packages the limit is now 200 rounds/person/day.

I'm still waiting for the answer on my "instant" check, so if there's something specific you want to know if they've got, let me know tonight 🕙
Would that be the NH instant check [rofl]

What do they charge to do a transfer?

Even in the best of times, the state check sometimes ran slow, but I hear NICS is worse (for long guns).
3 months ago, or was it 4, in the middle of the rush, I picked up an AR at Shooters. Fed check was done in real time, I didn't even have time to look at the used guns. At the same time NH checks were 1 week out.

Even in the best of times, the state check sometimes ran slow, but I hear NICS is worse (for long guns).

NICS -electronically- right now, is either instant, or sometimes up to 20 minutes.... past that, the shop is often going to get a delay response.

NICS -electronically- right now, is either instant, or sometimes up to 20 minutes.... past that, the shop is often going to get a delay response.
And since the NH check is just them entering it into NICS, NH can be slower but they can never be faster. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom