Best all purpose .45

Hi everyone,
I'm getting a craving for a .45 and would like some advice on which way to go. I'll probably not be carrying it so I'm looking at full size. Here are the choices: S&W 1911, S&W 45Tactical, Para 1911, Para 1911LDA, Glock 21, Sig 220. Which way should I go and why?

Thanks for the advice,
Chris

My vote is with Corporal Pilgrim for exactly the same reasons.
For your SECOND .45 (are you reading this Ross ?) I would respectfully submit that you consider the P220. You might like it enough to carry it. I also like the Ruger P345 in a DA auto. It's a good gun and a great value, and I currently carry one when I carry.

Mark

If you can, try out a few. I started with a Colt series 80 1911 and just never really loved it. The grip did not feel right, and I did not like the trigger. I traded it for a Sig 220 which I love. That said, I will probably get another 1911 in the future.

I have to vote with the S&W 1911, too. Wonderful shooting gun, even for small people like me. Yes, it's heavy, but it's so accurate. And pretty, too :)

I'll go the other way here...

I have shot the S&W 1911's and yes they are a VERY nice gun. However I am biased because my own 1911 is a Para. I absolutely LOVE my Para, it's 100% reliable, and very accurate.

So I vote for the Para, but I am biased!

Adam

Adam_MA said:
I'll go the other way here...

I have shot the S&W 1911's and yes they are a VERY nice gun. However I am biased because my own 1911 is a Para. I absolutely LOVE my Para, it's 100% reliable, and very accurate.

So I vote for the Para, but I am biased!

Adam

I'm going ot agree with Adam...but I'm biased as well.

S&W 1911 is very high on the "bang for the buck" list!

Excellent defensive gun as well as fun-shooting gun. Doesn't break the bank and S&W warranty is unbeatable.

LenS said:
S&W 1911 is very high on the "bang for the buck" list!

Excellent defensive gun as well as fun-shooting gun. Doesn't break the bank and S&W warranty is unbeatable.

Just to play Devil...so is Para's.

I've needed some parts that they could have charged me some bucks for, and they just mailed them out. This was even after I e-mailed them that it/I broke, or that I lost them...do to my mistake.

Back
Top Bottom