• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 92 Magazine - Failure to Feed

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
At the range last night and I had bought a preban 92 magazine that I was trying for the first time. I have two 10 rounders and the preban 15 rounder. The 15 rounder is the one pictured to the right in the attached photo (looks like maybe the lips are a little more pinched? Tought to tell from the photo now that I look at it.) Eveytime I used the 15 rounder I had a failure to feed. Thoughts/suggestions? I took the magazine apart when I first bought it and cleaned it up. Pistol is clean and was working fine with the 2 standard 10 rounders.

Including a picture of the Beretta since its such a good looking firearm.

Attachments

• IMG-0184.jpg
    IMG-0184.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-0185.jpg
    IMG-0185.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 5
Might be a spring issue. Load up a mag to capacity and push each round out manually to see what happens? You could also try the 15 rounder in one of my berettas? Lol

Nice set up, btw!

You may see that there isnt enough spring pressure as you strip the rounds. You can also eliminate mag lip issues before u start going at them with any abrasive tools.
Use your loaded 10 rounders as a reference to see how the mag spring works with those rounds?
I had a new mag that had some of the rounds dip as they advanced. I only figured it out when I loaded them up and manually stripped the rounds.

From the picture of the pistol,is the mag not seating flush against the bottom of the grip or was that just for the picture. I ask because sometimes Taurus 92 mags get passed off as beretta mags and do exactly what you describe. Its due to a slight difference in the notch on the magazine’.

Last edited:
From the picture of the pistol,is the mag not seating flush against the bottom of the grip or was that just for the picture. I ask because sometimes Taurus 92 mags get passed off as beretta mags and do exactly what you describe. Its due to a slight difference in the notch on the magazine’.
That’s just the picture, and it’s one of the 10 rounders.

Back
Top Bottom