• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beretta 92 compact. Hard to get?

I doubt they get many orders for them. It's a compact in name only.

I know. the barrel and the grip is slightly shorter. If they're too hard to get, I'll just get the regular size. Anyone know what the going price is for the regular size fs? All the sites say call for pricing or they just don't list it.

compact is also single stack if recall.

I got mine new for like 575.

It's not. It's just a 92 with a slightly shorter grip and slide. You can use regular 92 mags in it, they just hang out a bit.

I thought I saw they make a rubber piece that fits over the regular magazines end for the compact.

Probably. There are adapters for most guns that fall into the "compact version that takes full size mags" category.

I hope I can get the compact. Every little bit helps for CCW. Any recommendations on how to wear a pistol that size like cant, or or maybe a belly band with it positioned around my back. A shoulder rig would be good in the colder weather.

compact is also single stack if recall.

I got mine new for like 575.
The Compact Type M is a single stack 8 round gun. Mags are expensive and hard to find.

The Compact L is the more common version. it's a double stack 13 round

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Pullman arms definitely had one a few weeks back. I saw these things everywhere in my 92FS search. They didn't seem to be rare.

I hope I can get the compact. Every little bit helps for CCW. Any recommendations on how to wear a pistol that size like cant, or or maybe a belly band with it positioned around my back. A shoulder rig would be good in the colder weather.

Is your heart set on a Beretta 92? There are tons of choices in the compact pistol world that are arguably better options. I'm an old school hammer-fired metal gun guy myself, but even I carry a polymer framed striker fired gun as a daily carry. It's hard to beat them for their light weight and small size.

The Compact Type M is a single stack 8 round gun. Mags are expensive and hard to find.

I had never heard of the type M until now. Thanks for the info.

Is your heart set on a Beretta 92? There are tons of choices in the compact pistol world that are arguably better options. I'm an old school hammer-fired metal gun guy myself, but even I carry a polymer framed striker fired gun as a daily carry. It's hard to beat them for their light weight and small size.

I had never heard of the type M until now. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I have to have that 92 whether its a compact or not. I just love the looks of it and its close to the armed forces M9. In all honesty it will probably be used as a range gun and home defense. I have a 642 with a few holsters I carry. Mostly in a pocket holster. The girl that called me about availability said type M. Maybe those are the hard to get ones. I definitely don't want the single stack, even though it might be slimmer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. msdamato, I'm looking primarily for the cerakote black one, but I'm not ruling out the stainless, although they're a bit more money.
Anyone who has any experience with the cerakote, hows the wear factor on the coating? From what I've seen on youtube I know the barrel wears where the slide at the nose contacts.

Yeah, I have to have that 92 whether its a compact or not. I just love the looks of it and its close to the armed forces M9. In all honesty it will probably be used as a range gun and home defense. I have a 642 with a few holsters I carry. Mostly in a pocket holster. The girl that called me about availability said type M. Maybe those are the hard to get ones. I definitely don't want the single stack, even though it might be slimmer.

Get the M9 commemorative in the classifieds, that thing is beautiful.

What at about the vertex, that's shorter than 92F?

even a die-hard 92 fan like myself has trouble finding any purpose for the 92 compact. meh. barely any smaller...not so sure it is going to carry all that easily. also personally i wouldn't want to have a slide-mounted safety for carry unless the holster covers the safety....which makes it a PITA for carry. then if it's not going to be carried what's the point in the compact model? basically it serves no purpose to me.

but if it's straight novelty gun or something that just gets the juices flowing, then that's a different story. i've certainly had my fair share of erections over guns that serve no real purpose....so who am i to judge?

Didn't Beretta make a (now discontinued) single stack 9mm at one point? I think i saw a used one at FS a bazillion years ago.

-Mike

even a die-hard 92 fan like myself has trouble finding any purpose for the 92 compact. meh. barely any smaller...not so sure it is going to carry all that easily. also personally i wouldn't want to have a slide-mounted safety for carry unless the holster covers the safety....which makes it a PITA for carry. then if it's not going to be carried what's the point in the compact model? basically it serves no purpose to me.

but if it's straight novelty gun or something that just gets the juices flowing, then that's a different story. i've certainly had my fair share of erections over guns that serve no real purpose....so who am i to judge?

I was at my local gun shop looking at the full size and planning on ordering the compact. One of the factors I had stuck in my mind was a 9 the size of a 1911, thinking somehow a 9 should be smaller. After handling the full size model I thought what was I thinking. The extra cost of the compact couldn't be justified. Compact prices were from $680 to $750. I ended up getting the full sized. Thinking like you Squib I thought the same thing. Barely any smaller, and other comments like not being able to get magazines and accessories for the smaller one, and the deal I got on the full size, it was a no brainer. I've always had a hard on for the 92. When I got it home I played with it for a few hours.....ahem....the pistol, not my gun. I like the looks of the grip, the way the covers trail straight down and the bottom curves out on the full size. Almost makes the compact cut off. Picked up the model without the rail which is more like the m9a in the military. The full size is just a better looking piece overall. Anyways thanks everyone for the help. I'll post up a pic when I get a chance.

At risk of derailing the thread, what is out there in the category of compacts: Glock 19, Kahr P9, USP compact,etc? I find this category fits me better than the sub compacts, but don't seem to be a lot of choices.

At risk of derailing the thread, what is out there in the category of compacts: Glock 19, Kahr P9, USP compact,etc? I find this category fits me better than the sub compacts, but don't seem to be a lot of choices.

It's because the G19 is the king of that size class, to this day it literally stands alone. Springfield has a gun that comes close but still too large. Taurus probably does too, but its a ****ing taurus. [rofl]

It's because the G19 is the king of that size class, to this day it literally stands alone. Springfield has a gun that comes close but still too large. Taurus probably does too, but its a ****ing taurus. [rofl]

I'm hoping HK makes a VP9 Compact - i.e. G19 size rather than G26 size, and using USP Compact magazines. Maybe it won't be better than a Glock 19 but it's nice to have alternatives.

There's M&P Compact too, never held one though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom