• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benchmade Destroying Guns

Lol. I literally handed my wife the specs on a benchmade that I wanted for my birthday next month. Guess I’ll be looking elsewhere.

Somehow they thought PD posting an explanation was going to help. Unreal.

I didn't read the whole thread, but wanted to make sure this got disseminated:
Benchmade's Political Contributions.

It's already here, I came to post it but was beaten to the punch

52598113_2361909550751322_2267230188070764544_n.jpg

Benchmade senior management was like, "Guys we have a great way to increase sales. See, if we can get all the guns off the market then everyone will want to buy knives".

Nice plan guys........not.

Their stuff is too overpriced for me. I beat my edc to death or eventually lose them. I will stick to my inexpensive Kershaws :)

only one knife i will buy are Bark River Knives, made in Escanaba, Mich..great people, great knives, and they carry. Been to their shop and saw it myself

So when’s the NES Benchmade “butterfly shoot”? I’ll sacrifice my 940-2 on the 2A altar.

This thread has been fun to watch.
:)

The combined ideas that built "the competitor offering credit" is great.
The competitor should chop them up themselves, refuse to use the steel, and post video of the recycler hauling it all away.

FEA9D970-0991-4534-AB7E-8DC672507BE7.png

Spyderco is trying to take the high road and stay out of it.
The comments are largely asking them to (as you can see above) weigh in on the matter so people can feel even better about them as a company.

I don’t need Spyderco to take a shot. They’re my favorite by far, from a knife to price view point. They just need to ease up on the damn loctite.

Remember they have to play in a Dem rich state like MA.
Im sure if we look into what business and unions here in mass we would be upset also.
Labor | OpenSecrets

I think made in USA might be a easier fight.
That's why the donations in certain circumstances don't bother me. If you were in, say, MA or NY, the Democratic candidate is effectively always going to win in the majority of races. So the donations can be strategic to try to secure yourself some sort of favor or benefit.

Example: the candidate you don't agree with is absolutely going to win; you donate to him in the hopes it will persuade him not to push for new regulations in your industry.

You can argue whether that is a sound strategy, but it is a strategy nonetheless; it doesn't necessarily equate to supporting that candidate. This only applies to certain circumstances, though. Dick's hiring lobbyists to overtly push for additional gun control is not a "strategy" - at least not in the sense of paying a bribe to look the other way.

It saddens me that paying for political favor/clout is a thing, but it is a byproduct of a government that has too much regulatory power and too great a capability to determine the winners and losers in the market.

That's why the donations in certain circumstances don't bother me. If you were in, say, MA or NY, the Democratic candidate is effectively always going to win in the majority of races. So the donations can be strategic to try to secure yourself some sort of favor or benefit.

Example: the candidate you don't agree with is absolutely going to win; you donate to him in the hopes it will persuade him not to push for new regulations in your industry.

You can argue whether that is a sound strategy, but it is a strategy nonetheless; it doesn't necessarily equate to supporting that candidate. This only applies to certain circumstances, though. Dick's hiring lobbyists to overtly push for additional gun control is not a "strategy" - at least not in the sense of paying a bribe to look the other way.

It saddens me that paying for political favor/clout is a thing, but it is a byproduct of a government that has too much regulatory power and too great a capability to determine the winners and losers in the market.
Its more than that - you are buying their time. Donations like that are what open the door to face time with your Senators and Reps so you can try to convince them of your view. I don't like it, but that is how our system works.

Its more than that - you are buying their time. Donations like that are what open the door to face time with your Senators and Reps so you can try to convince them of your view. I don't like it, but that is how our system works.
Yeah but Benchmade doesn’t sell guns NHKevin. Plus they donated to Anti-gunner Polits not Anti-knife ones.

Back
Top Bottom