• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benchmade Destroying Guns

Well this blows the "just this one-time misunderstanding" theory. Benchmade political contributions reflect 10x the contributions for D as R since 2010 and 100% D since 2014. Wish I had known this before buying a Benchmade two years ago.

View attachment 270442
View attachment 270443
View attachment 270444

Submitted under "Share your story or testimonial."

View attachment 270445

Nice work! Yep, wish I had known before I bought my last Benchmade. Like Gillette, one should not crap on one of if not its biggest demographic. The last couple I bought are in nice shape and I think I have the original boxes. Maybe some fool on fleabay will buy them and I'll use the funds for something that won't disgust me when I use it.

"Confusion and concern"? Well, their PR person might have trouble finding work soon. Their customers are not confused. There's a great post by Jim Fuller of Rifle Dynamics on the Benchmade FB page:

"I've been asked by agencies to destroy guns, it's not in my company's business ethics to do that. I myself had a very expensive gun stolen from me, used in a crime, confiscated but I was refused to get it back because it was "used in a crime" and it was destroyed because some anti-gun politicians mandated it. You guys could have nicely said no." -Jim Fuller

Honestly, I suspect OCPD went to them and asked: "Hey, we need to borrow your shit to destroy some stuff. Can you do us a solid?"

And someone at Benchmade went: "Sure, we support the cops."

I doubt they thought that the OCPD would post that shit all over social media, and I doubt they thought about any consequences to helping out a request from the cops. That said, I never owned one of their knives, and now never will. f*** em.

Yawn. The Springfield boycott lasted as long as it took for them to get a gun MUH LIST. And there are cars in the parking lots of Northeast Traders, Gun Parlor, and Powderhorn every day.

Yawn. The Springfield boycott lasted as long as it took for them to get a gun MUH LIST. And there are cars in the parking lots of Northeast Traders, Gun Parlor, and Powderhorn every day.

Not my car. Anyway, what alternative do you suggest aside from voting with our wallets and telling them why?

He's using a plasma cutter to cut them up.
Weird choice of tool for that job.
Chop saw and be done
The BATFE has specific criteria to meet their requirement for demilling of a gun. Torching is preferred (and perhaps mandated) to cutting to preclude the possibility of a cut receiver being welded back together and placed into service. I also think cutting into three pieces may be required.

The BATFE has specific criteria to meet their requirement for demilling of a gun. Torching is preferred (and perhaps mandated) to cutting to preclude the possibility of a cut receiver being welded back together and placed into service. I also think cutting into three pieces may be required.

If I recall correctly, receiver in three pieces, 1/4 inch kerf, torch preferred (rough, uneven edge, destroys any heat treatment, warps parts), throw in trash. The goal is to make putting it back together not worth the effort.

might I suggest....take your benchmades, chop them up, mail the pieces back to benchmade.

let's really do something this time instead of 20 pages of lip service. to borrow from nike, "just do it!" ooops, hold that last thought, we're boycotting nike, also.

Yup. And we will get more & better companies to fill the gap in their place, ones that support us back.

Yes, I do think it makes a difference....even if its a little bit. As much as I hate the term boycotting and you can't boycott every company......

I've had no problem changing brands on some things, and keeping my business away from certain places. Dicks, Gun Parlor, Gillette and its subsidaries.....Benchmade will be easy, I never bought them anyway. Sure, its tough to boycott everything, but don't think that it doesn't make a difference.

The thing with Benchmade and Springfield here is that they obviously just fxcked up. They aren't dyed in the wool a**h***s like Gillette, Dicks, etc.....

I'll admit to buying a Springfield Armory, but they've done some things that are above and beyond for me. Like sending me free mags when I bought my gun two months before the mag promotion even started, no questions asked. Got the mags in the mail, so fast my head spun. Smith and Wesson....I waited 6 months for mags....and they are 30 minutes away from my house. WTF.

I'll agree that Benchmade really stepped in shxt here.....you can't have it both ways........they would be alot better off, stopping the bs justification of it, especially the police trying to justify it. Just admit that "we fxcked up" and we are sorry, we hurt our customer base. This will never happen again and we can hope to move forward. 10% of the purchases for the next year will go towards a pro 2A organization...etc....something like that.

Never owned Nike, Yeti, or Benchmade. Never will. If I did they'd make nice targets. I hear they all make nice products. Now I'll never know. It's not about anger or retribution, but if a different company makes something "just as good" but doesn't do things I find morally questionable, why wouldn't I just buy from them anyway?

They're either complicit or stupid. Why do I want to do business with them in EITHER case? Are their products THAT good?

Haven't read all of the comments but I'd be curious to know how much Benchmade was paid to destroy the guns. Or was it a free service they offered? Absolutely stupid any way you slice it, but I was wondering if Benchmade saw this as a quick way to make some money cutting up guns? No amount of money would make this okay obviously. Just wondering if Benchmade was greedy?...

To think it would have been business as usual if some fool from the PD could have resisted the urge for a photo op, or to name the company they used...
Yeah seriously! I just don't understand how BM thought this would have been a successful business move??? JFC

You gotta be shittin' me. You think Benchmade leadership was all "we f'n hate guns, lets ask around and find some to cut up" because that is what the response here so far looks like.

Personally, I see it a different way. These guns had their death warrants signed already. Someone was going to permanently render them chunks of metal. Only question was who and how. You wouldn't want a piece of the action? Not like anything was going to save them.

Bunch of over emotional day ladies above.
Would you put the noose on Nathan Hale?
His fate was sealed anyway.

Shame on you all for thinking a knife company would automatically be pro guns.
I don’t see to many businesses turning down helping the local PD .
I don’t agree with the destruction of them unless it’s some sort of law they have. ?

Funny bench made is in Oregon. As liberal/demo as you can get, if we start boycotting companies by way of this l stuff we will run out of companies fast.
But some of us do. I'll never buy their product.

Absolutely stupid any way you slice it, but
Was this intentional? Lol.
I imagine it went something like this:
PD: Hey, we have these guns we need to destroy, can you help us
BM: Sure, we support the police
[PD Posts images on the web]
PM & BD: Whoops...that escalated quickly.

I also noticed the PD's post says BM supports the police, but nothing about supporting freedom or 2A. This all sort of reminds me of Kevin Spacey's "hey I'm gay" misdirection attempt during his #MeToo time. It seems like BM and the PD are trying to capitalize on "they support the thin blue line!" as a distraction or mitigating circumstance. I think they overestimate how many people really care about that angle.

Wait. What!?! Why Target Sports? What did I miss?
He said companies we support and are not boycotting.
I really wonder how much TSUSA is making off of their decision; they seem to have MA on lockdown and even many of us in NH. I just got a shipping notification this morning for that can of 5.56 I ordered last night.

Back
Top Bottom