• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Benchmade Destroying Guns

I was never into knives at all except Wustof for chopping up a chicken or slicing sirloin. Now that this matter has come front and center to my cerebral cortex I am emboldened to buy several knives from any and all hard pressed 2A supporters.

Gents, this is indeed an exposure of considerable proportions and as much as apathy may set in due time I will always remember these subtle schemes against our freedom. Long live the Republic and God bless the Unites States!

I was never into knives at all except Wustof for chopping up a chicken or slicing sirloin. Now that this matter has come front and center to my cerebral cortex I am emboldened to buy several knives from any and all hard pressed 2A supporters.

Gents, this is indeed an exposure of considerable proportions and as much as apathy may set in due time I will always remember these subtle schemes against our freedom. Long live the Republic and God bless the Unites States!

Knives never run out of bullets.

I always carry one, but usually two. As with firearms, if you choose to carry a knife you need to train to fight with it. Otherwise it is just a false sense of security.

Knives never run out of bullets.

I always carry one, but usually two. As with firearms, if you choose to carry a knife you need to train to fight with it. Otherwise it is just a false sense of security.
Your Sensei agrees

A letter to their customer service contact tab:

For the last 8 years, I was a state rep in NH. 'Supporting the police' in destroying firearms would never have been accepted in NH.
The following actions by your company have greatly, negatively, impacted my view of your organization and will impact my future purchases of various knives.
Maybe destroying arms is not in your best interest. Guns first, knives second.
Regards,

Statement from Benchmade CEO. He's definitely not comfortable in front of the camera. No apology. This whole thing is a nothingburger to them. He supports 2A, but can bring himself to say "gun" or "firearm". Instead refers to them as "those things."

Statement from Benchmade CEO. He's definitely not comfortable in front of the camera. No apology. This whole thing is a nothingburger to them. He supports 2A, but can’t bring himself to say "gun" or "firearm". Instead refers to them as "those things."

Is he moving to the UK or something? He cares not for the USA if he can’t say “gun” or “firearm”. His concern is law enforcement and elected officials. What is freedom if you can’t protect or preserve it?

Article in link below reads like Benchmade may have been cutting guns on the regular and was definitely eager to please in this specific instance. No mention of their political donations which is the bigger deal for many 2A supporters.

Oregon City knife company, police face backlash after social media post

As far as I’m concerned that was Benchmade doubling down on their crap.

Statement from Benchmade CEO. He's definitely not comfortable in front of the camera. No apology. This whole thing is a nothingburger to them. He supports 2A, but can bring himself to say "gun" or "firearm". Instead refers to them as "those things."

Sorry, Gepetto, but your nose keeps growing.

Last edited:
Oh noes. Look at all that money. . . . wait. $7-14K a cycle??? Chumps! LOL

So far it appears to be a brainfart. Some here will crucify them until the end. . . . or enough time goes by where something else outrages them. I'll take a wait-and-see. Benchmade has some of the best designs on the market. Not too big, not too small, JUUUUUST right. It'd be a shame to see that go away.
Not really.

I know of cases where C-Suite class executives made donations to the Coakley campaign for Senate despite a long history of supporting Republicans. Either their political orientation changed, or they shared the common belief the "D" would win and wanted to be on the record as having supported the person occupying a Senate office.
Because they are pigs

Comments disabled speaks volumes. Just stop it with all the bullshit excuses. Your company is f***ed.

View: https://youtu.be/vV-ieLJD3AQ

A letter to their customer service contact tab:

For the last 8 years, I was a state rep in NH. 'Supporting the police' in destroying firearms would never have been accepted in NH.
The following actions by your company have greatly, negatively, impacted my view of your organization and will impact my future purchases of various knives.
Maybe destroying arms is not in your best interest. Guns first, knives second.
Regards,
It's probably been 20 years ago, but this did happen in NH. I was initially pissed, but was standing face to face with the owner and he explained what happened and why. If memory serves me, the destroyed firearms were in a display case.

I'll bet this happens semi-routinely.

This has really started a ball of sh*t rolling downhill. [laugh]

Eotech apparently donates to Feinstein.

In a non-unrelated story, when I worked for a certain defense contractor who shall remain nameless, there was huge pressure for Directors and above to "join" the Company PAC. When I looked at who the PAC gave money to, I was appalled. No way was I giving money to that group, which included some of the most virulently anti-gun pols you can think of.

Wonder how he's going to feel when his politician "Buddies" ban knives too and they are shuttering up his factory and the same police he's ball gargling now are cuffing his ass for carrying one of his own products.
Dealing with these people is like having a snake as a pet. How much you love it doesn't mean shit because it will never love you back and will bite you the first chance it gets.

He would have done much better to simply "We stepped on our corporate dick, we are learning from it, and we apologize to our customers whom we hope will find it in their hearts to forgive us. Going forward, we will refuse sales of any knives to police officers that private citizens are not allowed to own*."

* - This is known as the Barrett/Serbu doctrine

In a non-unrelated story, when I worked for a certain defense contractor who shall remain nameless, there was huge pressure for Directors and above to "join" the Company PAC. When I looked at who the PAC gave money to, I was appalled. No way was I giving money to that group, which included some of the most virulently anti-gun pols you can think of.

Hmmm, Let me get 3 guesses...?

Back
Top Bottom