Beginners guide to hunting in Massachusetts from Cerfur

LICENSES ARE REQUIRED for all persons 15 years of age and over for hunting any bird or mammal; and/or for fishing the inland waters of Massachusetts. Hunting or Sporting licenses for anyone aged 18 years or older can be purchased only if (1) proof of a previous hunting license issued prior to 2007 from any jurisdiction is provided; (2) proof of a certificate of completion of a Basic Hunter Education course issued by any jurisdiction in North America is provided; or (3) an affidavit stating that the applicant has either a Basic Hunter Education Certificate or has purchased a Hunting/Sporting license prior to 2007 is provided.

Thank You For The Detailed Information!

Does anyone arrange group pheasant hunts anymore for the newbs?

Not that I know of. Cerfur used to but stopped because there was an incident. He doesn't really visit these forums anymore either. They used to be a lot of talk about guns, shooting, and hunting. But now it's more rants, politics, and cat pictures. Basically he wasn't feeling it anymore. It is a shame because he did a lot to help new comers get into the sport.

Not that I know of. Cerfur used to but stopped because there was an incident. He doesn't really visit these forums anymore either. They used to be a lot of talk about guns, shooting, and hunting. But now it's more rants, politics, and cat pictures. Basically he wasn't feeling it anymore. It is a shame because he did a lot to help new comers get into the sport.
That is a shame on all counts. I've noticed the politics creeping in more and more, too. Sadness all around.

Last edited:
If one was lawfully hunting coyote during daylight hours, could they carry the loaded, holstered pistol from home, to the woods? The LTC has no restrictions.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Very useful info!! Thanks for your time putting this together. Cerfur, if you are still organizing group pheasant hunts i'd be very interested.

Back
Top Bottom