Beer-toting customer shot at robbery suspect 7 times

While, to be sure, drilling one hand shooting is a good idea, popping a bad guy whilst holding ones post-shooting libations in the other hand does not do much for the "justifiable homicide" defense.

While, to be sure, drilling one hand shooting is a good idea, popping a bad guy whilst holding ones post-shooting libations in the other hand does not do much for the "justifiable homicide" defense.
Yea, I got a feeling that this sort or tactical awareness might be frowned upon in states like MA.

I would consider a razor blade , box cutter, whatever you want to call it at that distance from the clerk to be a deadly weapon. A well-placed slice to the neck and the guy is going to bleed out there on the floor.

While, to be sure, drilling one hand shooting is a good idea, popping a bad guy whilst holding ones post-shooting libations in the other hand does not do much for the "justifiable homicide
Why? The beer has NOTHING to do legally with this case. The store clerk was quoted as saying that the man "saved his life". The man's last shot is the one that hit the robber. Once incapacitated, the man stopped shooting.

Why? The beer has NOTHING to do legally with this case. The store clerk was quoted as saying that the man "saved his life". The man's last shot is the one that hit the robber. Once incapacitated, the man stopped shooting.
No, watch the 2nd video reporter states robber was shot the 3 time loser, 3 times, in hand, face, back.

I would consider a razor blade , box cutter, whatever you want to call it at that distance from the clerk to be a deadly weapon. A well-placed slice to the neck and the guy is going to bleed out there on the floor.

Would you suggest that this shooter he be the "face of 2A" rights? 🤔

Nobody, and I mean nobody that doesn't live in MA gives a flying f*** what MA frowns on. Comparisons of what would happen to this guy in MA are meaningless because MA has arguably the worst self defense laws in the US.

Yea, I got a feeling that this sort or tactical awareness might be frowned upon in states like MA.

Nobody, and I mean nobody that doesn't live in MA gives a flying f*** what MA frowns on. Comparisons of what would happen to this guy in MA are meaningless because MA has arguably the worst self defense laws in the US.
Thanks for that info. I had absolutely no idea that MA self defense laws were ridiculous.

Thanks for that info. I had absolutely no idea that MA self defense laws were ridiculous.
It's not so much the laws as how there are applied and interpreted, as well has how (unlike some other states) the process assumes guilt until proven otherwise. In states that respect due process, someone in a self defense shooting is not even debarred the use of arms until he is arrested and charged.

It's not so much the laws as how there are applied and interpreted, as well has how (unlike some other states) the process assumes guilt until proven otherwise. In states that respect due process, someone in a self defense shooting is not even debarred the use of arms until he is arrested and charged.
!00% agree........ You do realize I was not being serious right???

Given the option, I'd want to live where I could walk out on to my back porch and shoot at targets. Unfortunately, my wife is no into the rural life style. :(
I know....... I am lucky.

My wife grew up on a farm and loves the rural life style. Some of her friends ask her "do you really like living out there?" I just hope she keeps answering "YES". :)

Would you suggest that this shooter he be the "face of 2A" rights? 🤔
He was in a situation not of his own doing, he saw the fear in the Clerks face, he reacted with enough force to stop the threat.

He did not go looking for trouble, but when he encountered it he responded with the judicious use of force, he stopped the threat, he incapacitated the intruder, he didn't empty his mag, he didn't let a head shot fly once the threat was stopped.

If you think Zimmerman or Rittenhouse are the folks we should have as the face of 2A rights, you are entitled to your opinion.

Zimmerman was playing mall cop in his neighborhood and had no legal right to question the man he ended up killing. If a Cop had done what he did by following the guy around and detaining him without probable cause, we would be screaming section 1983 Federal lawsuit for 4th amendment violations.

Rittenhouse wanted to play real life "Call Of Duty: Civil Unrest Edition". He had no skin in the game, he had no reason to be there outside to play FAFO. He did, and he came THIS close to losing. I have a lot more sympayhy for the couple in St Louis who get screwed with for standing on their front lawn with firearms when the protesters broke thru a gate onto private property, but even then they gave up cover when they could have stayed inside on the second level and had a tactical advantage.

Give me the Boston Housing Cop, who was off duty and carrying when a madman attacked a Doctor, and he stepped in as a private citizen and saved the Doctors life. He is the guy I want the media asking questions to at a press conference.

For every David Hogg they have we need 10 faces that can be put out there as normal law abiding citizens who thru no fault of their own were confronted with the threat of severe injury or death, either to themselves or someone in close proximity, and used a firearm to stop the threat.

He was in a situation not of his own doing, he saw the fear in the Clerks face, he reacted with enough force to stop the threat.

He did not go looking for trouble, but when he encountered it he responded with the judicious use of force, he stopped the threat, he incapacitated the intruder, he didn't empty his mag, he didn't let a head shot fly once the threat was stopped.

If you think Zimmerman or Rittenhouse are the folks we should have as the face of 2A rights, you are entitled to your opinion.

Zimmerman was playing mall cop in his neighborhood and had no legal right to question the man he ended up killing. If a Cop had done what he did by following the guy around and detaining him without probable cause, we would be screaming section1983 Federal lawsuit for 4th amendment violations.

Rittenhouse wanted to play real life "Call Of Duty: Civil Unrest Edition". He had no skin in the game, he had no reason to be there outside to play FAFO. He did, and he came THIS close to losing. I have a lot more sympayhy for the couple in St Louis who get screwed with for standing on their front lawn with firearms when the protesters broke thru a gate onto private property, but even then they gave up cover when they could have stayed inside on the second level and had a tactical advantage.

Give me the Boston Housing Cop, who was off duty and carrying when a madman attacked a Doctor, and he stepped in as a private citizen and saved the Doctors life. He is the guy I want the media asking questions to at a press conference.

For every David Hogg they have we need 10 faces that can be put out there as normal law abiding citizens who thru no fault of their own were confronted with the threat of sever injury or death, either to themselves or someone in close proximity, and used a firearm to stop the threat.
Both Zimmerman and Rittenhouse had a legal right to be where they were, neither of them were doing anything illegal....just like any of many millions of other people around the country on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom