BBC Survivors TV show

Varmint

NES Member
We just got Hulu and found this show, it was cancelled after 2 seasons (12 episodes), but thought it's pretty good.

It takes place in England as a virus wipes out 99% of humans, so a handful of people are left and there's tons of stuff everywhere, cars, food etc. No zombies just lot of rotting corpses.

It's an interesting premise a bit different from typical.

Biggest thing I notice is none of the characters seem interested in finding guns, except the one escaped criminal. one bad guy has a double barreled shotgun, but never seems to use it, even after catching someone 3 times stealing his stuff and threatening to kill them each time.

if it were me, even in the UK, there's got to be guns in the police station. And rifles are legal. Despite that it's very realistic otherwise.

Biggest thing I notice is none of the characters seem interested in finding guns, except the one escaped criminal. one bad guy has a double barreled shotgun, but never seems to use it, even after catching someone 3 times stealing his stuff and threatening to kill them each time.

Seems to unrealistic to me too...guns and food would be the first things I'd be sure of. I'll give it a watch, thanks. Is that the title? Survivors?

From imdb:

An unknown virus pandemic kills more than 90% of the world's population. Those immune must strive
to survive and overcome the difficulties of this new world order, [tinfoil]([laugh])
hoping that the virus will not mutate.

Also, any SHTF movie that's not soaked in medieval violence, can't be realistic. IMO. Man kind, at least in the North western hemisphere has been numbed out for a long time, but the underlying human nature will explode once a chance is given. You either going to be a victim to a horrible death, an aggressor, or an aggressor's killer.

I won't expect the castrated Brits to produce anything otherwise, they probably use the double barrel by pouring water down the barrels and growing roses ?

From imdb:

An unknown virus pandemic kills more than 90% of the world's population. Those immune must strive
to survive and overcome the difficulties of this new world order, [tinfoil]([laugh])
hoping that the virus will not mutate.

Also, any SHTF movie that's not soaked in medieval violence, can't be realistic. IMO. Man kind, at least in the North western hemisphere has been numbed out for a long time, but the underlying human nature will explode once a chance is given. You either going to be a victim to a horrible death, an aggressor, or an aggressor's killer.

I won't expect the castrated Brits to produce anything otherwise, they probably use the double barrel by pouring water down the barrels and growing roses ?

The theme of the show at least so far as I've seen (3-4 episodes) seems to be people turning medieval, it just doesn't have the over the top violence like Walking Dead. I like that show but wouldn't call it realistic.

Survivors was a remake of a '70s show. The cat who plays Greg (Paterson Joseph) was later in The Leftovers and then Babylon. Julie Graham was in Bonelickers with Gugu Mbatha-Raw (from the Tom Hanks movie prior to that, MI-5) and Hugh Bonneville (from Downton Abbey) before Survivors and later a WWII-era miniseries called The Blechley Circle.

you need to see if Jericho is on hulu....

We watched it live, were upset when it was canned. Even my wife liked it.

This is around the time I learned that any good major network show is gonna get canned, so don't bother watching them. We only watch cable shows now (and no Fox).

I have the original Survivors on VHS, It is pretty good, One thing to remember is that England doesnt have a gun culture. It shows what a century of gun culture can do to a society. Havent watched the new one.

Back
Top Bottom