• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TV series "Jericho", is it worth watching ?

I started watching it, and then, first episode (pilot), the mayor and his son need a HAM radio, the mayor learns that there's only one in town and goes "oh no" , but not as in "oh we are doomed" but as in "oh crap, we need to visit that whacko" , so it's a comical moment, and this is after the U.S has been attacked by multiple nuclear detonations yes ?

Okay, so the two go to the house of the "only person in town with a HAM radio", and guess what? he's a prepper.. so, yes, he greats them with a shotgun in their face (but the mayor and son do not get excited from the nutty prepper and treat the person rather comically), and when he is asked for the HAM unit, he replies "that will be 50 cents" , the mayor hands him a bill and prepper responds "I'll get you the change". Obviouly, the prepper is portraid like a nutty, shotgun totting loaner. BIG surprise there. And this is in a show about a major SHTF scenario. What !?

Well, after watching that scene I got pretty sour about watching this show, I can't really expect much at this point.
Did anyone watch it through, is it still worth the time ?

Thanks.

Not worth the time. Only one decent short season saved by a fan campaign before the 2nd shat the bed and the show was permanently canceled.

not perfect (but what show is) but not bad. i'd say solid 7 out of 10. watched last year on netflix or hulu. seemed well wrapped up with enough closure and good guys surviving not to make you feel cheeted after all this time watching it (kinda like 'Glades', canceled on the cliffhanger with a huge question). didn't realize it was a canceled show. i'd recommend if you have nothing better to pass time

Last edited:
It's entertaining enough to watch albeit unbelievable at parts. Small town politics, prepping, armed conflict... what's not to like?

Worth watching but it gets worse towards the end. I didn't like how the series ended. The dude that looks like Wesley Snipes keeps you wondering though. I give it a solid B - B+

I really enjoyed it. Thought it was done pretty well and that blonde girl it... i love her. I thought the acting from the two brothers were mediocre at best, but over thought it was a really good show. If you like it, check out Revolution. I thought that was pretty good too.

i honestly thought it sucked. made it 2, maybe 3 episodes.

It did suck for several episodes, maybe even a whole season, but it was getting interesting before they canned it.

Revolution was the opposite, started out good then got kinda strange. I didn't watch the last season.

Don't listen to the NES "naysayers", it's worth it.
I know that I liked it and I was pissed that it was cancelled when it was. Now I'll never find out who the army is that we all thought were "the good guys" until we saw the flag flying!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I know that I liked it and I was pissed that it was cancelled when it was. Now I'll never find out who the army is that we all thought were "the good guys" until we saw the flag flying!!!!
Of course I thought Firefly was one of the truly great shows and that was cancelled also.

Of course I thought Firefly was one of the truly great shows and that was cancelled also.

Expensive shows to produce like Firefly and Jericho just can't compete with the cheap-to-produce trash that the masses love. Also the ratings still probably don't fully represent the viewers that DVR or use Netflix/streaming instead of watching shows live.

My favorite part...several days after a nuclear holocaust...some girl is wondering why the internet is not working..."I can't get to my email!"

We like The Strain better than any of the shows mentioned, although that's mostly due to the quality actors. Definitely check out The Strain as another apocolypse show. Nazis, vampires, cute Italian babe loading pistol mags, it's got everything!

There was actually a 7 episode season that followed up on that.

It may not have been perfect, but I thought it was a pretty good representation of a post-apocalyptic scenario, where you may not necessarily have complete societal collapse, but the lack of information flowing and unrest lead to interesting results, and how some will try to take what others have. The one thing about the show is it didn't portray anyone as being truly "innocent" or "perfect", but instead had the aspect that everyone is human, and sometimes the only difference between good and evil is one's perception, as well as how blindly following one ambitious leader can lead to ruin. I also thought it was getting really interesting when they started digging into who was actually behind the nuclear attacks.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, take the time to watch it. Even if it's not perfect, it's still better than 95% of the crap on TV.

Back
Top Bottom