• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TV series "Jericho", is it worth watching ?

IMO def worth the watch. I enjoyed it, wish they hadn't cancelled it as it was just really getting good...

The Jericho story continues in the S3 & S4 graphic novels.

In S3, we learn the backstory of John Smith, the mastermind of the attacks. In S4, there is a double agent living in Jericho.

You can get them on Amazon (both print and Kindle):
tinyurl.com/JerichoS3Novel
tinyurl.com/S4Jericho
You can also get digital versions via Comixology and the IDW app

The S5 graphic novel is in the works.

There have also been some recent hints that a Jericho movie is possible.

Gwen
www.savingjericho.com

Lennie James, who played Hawkins, is actually English (from London).

I first saw him playing Enjolras in the 1998 movie version of Les Miserables.

The Jericho story continues in the S3 & S4 graphic novels.

In S3, we learn the backstory of John Smith, the mastermind of the attacks. In S4, there is a double agent living in Jericho.

You can get them on Amazon (both print and Kindle):
tinyurl.com/JerichoS3Novel
tinyurl.com/S4Jericho
You can also get digital versions via Comixology and the IDW app

The S5 graphic novel is in the works.

There have also been some recent hints that a Jericho movie is possible.

Gwen
www.savingjericho.com

Did you join NES just to post this, lol? Good info anyway!

There was actually a 7 episode season that followed up on that.

It may not have been perfect, but I thought it was a pretty good representation of a post-apocalyptic scenario, where you may not necessarily have complete societal collapse, but the lack of information flowing and unrest lead to interesting results, and how some will try to take what others have. The one thing about the show is it didn't portray anyone as being truly "innocent" or "perfect", but instead had the aspect that everyone is human, and sometimes the only difference between good and evil is one's perception, as well as how blindly following one ambitious leader can lead to ruin. I also thought it was getting really interesting when they started digging into who was actually behind the nuclear attacks.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, take the time to watch it. Even if it's not perfect, it's still better than 95% of the crap on TV.

This.
I love apocalyptic movies and tv shows, but for some reason, everybody now thinks zombies and vampires are a realistic scenario. Jericho is more of a probable "realistic" scenario.

Yes. Morgan's a great character that we don't see enough of. But when he does show up, you shits about to go down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, he comes back? That's awesome, I thought he was gone after they find him in season 3. We just started season 4.

Did you join NES just to post this, lol? Good info anyway!

Yes, I have a google alert on "jericho" and I often join a forum to be able to update the fans.

In 2014, CBS made a lot of surprise moves, which have put them in a position to monetize a Jericho comeback (without putting it on the CBS Network).

1. CBS is partnering with Lionsgate on the POP channel. Currently TVGN, the rebranded POP channel, will focus on fans, fandom and popular arts. POP premiers on January 14th.

2. CBS started their own streaming service - CBS All Access.

3. CBS is launching a retro digital channel, called Decades. It will focus on vintage TV and pop culture. This subchannel will be available over-the-air in many of the CBS local markets.

4. CBS has given Netflix the international rights to their digital library.

5. CBS Films has teamed with LIonsgate (Twilight and Hunger Games) to distribute and market their wide release films.

These five major moves indicate that CBS has ventured into all the platforms that Jericho fans frequent (over-the-air, cable, on-line, and international).

If the talked about Jericho movie is green-lighted, then Lionsgate would be the ideal partner for CBS Films.

Gwen

This.
I love apocalyptic movies and tv shows, but for some reason, everybody now thinks zombies and vampires are a realistic scenario. Jericho is more of a probable "realistic" scenario.

Check out The Last Ship on TNT. It is a pandemic apocalypse and season 2 will start this summer.

I also like The 100 on CW, not as realistic, but much better than Revolution.

Gwen

Check out The Last Ship on TNT. It is a pandemic apocalypse and season 2 will start this summer.

Gwen
I started watching that one but had a hard time believing the ship's Captain would be going out on every shore patrol and getting into gunfights.

I like the premise, though. Kind of like that movie about the sub in Australia, can't remember the name of it.

Gwen
I started watching that one but had a hard time believing the ship's Captain would be going out on every shore patrol and getting into gunfights.

I like the premise, though. Kind of like that movie about the sub in Australia, can't remember the name of it.

Network series with no ending. Good concept and predictably failed execution using the old media paradigm. Had Lennie James in it, though.

Any love for Falling Skies? I found it entertaining enough to follow for a few seasons. It also has a post-apocalyptic feel to it but with alien invaders. If I recall correctly, the weaponry was portrayed and handled fairly accurately which was a nice surprise. There were also a lot of parallels to the American Revolution because the first (maybe second) season takes place in Massachusetts.

Any love for Falling Skies? I found it entertaining enough to follow for a few seasons. It also has a post-apocalyptic feel to it but with alien invaders. If I recall correctly, the weaponry was portrayed and handled fairly accurately which was a nice surprise.
Ridiculous writing. Spielberg's brand on a terrible TV show. Who would name an alien "Goat Cheese"?
There were also a lot of parallels to the American Revolution because the first (maybe second) season takes place in Massachusetts.
Where guns are basically illegal. Only the gangs would survive an alien invasion of MA.

On the beach. Depressing movies - both versions.

Any love for Falling Skies? I found it entertaining enough to follow for a few seasons. It also has a post-apocalyptic feel to it but with alien invaders. If I recall correctly, the weaponry was portrayed and handled fairly accurately which was a nice surprise. There were also a lot of parallels to the American Revolution because the first (maybe second) season takes place in Massachusetts.

Can you explain the physics of why a bullet made of alien metal (fired from a normal AR-15) should go through the heavy armor of an alien robot?

That's kinda like saying to penetrate the side of an M1 tank you just need a steel bullet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom