• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Battlink Minimalist Stock - Pinning instructions

Mission-First-Tactical-Battlelink-Minimalist-Stock.jpg

First, I love this stock. For the money its a no brainer. It is very light and built very well. The only thing I saw that could be made better are the plastic ears for the fork lever, I show that below. This was an alternate to the Ace Skelton stock I wanted and saved me a bunch of my by keeping my buffer tube, spring and buffer as is. So the point of this is for those stuck behind enemy lines. I couldn't find anyone's instructions on how to Massify this stock, pin it. It ended up being super easy, easier than the magpul stock. All you need is a 1/16th allen wrench.

Step 1 - Adjust the stock and mark the tube so you know where you want it.

Step 2 - Remove the stock from the buffer tube

Step 3 - Use a 1/16th allen wrench from the hole in the top of the stock to loosen set screw.

This will allow you to slide the pin out of the plunger, so that the fork lever doesn't have anything to depress on, no adjustment.

Step 4 - Slide the pin out of the plunger

Step 5 - Tighten the set screw back down, or remove and save with the pin for re-install if needed.

Step 6 - Use the allen wrench to pull down on the plunger, in the hole where the pin was, so you can slide the stock back into position.
Done!

Notes - The ears that the fork pivot on are plastic. My first attempt was to remove just the fork with a flathead screwdriver. This was easy but you still had the pin in the plunger that you could pull down on and probably wouldn't past muster.

well i bought the stock and attempted to follow these steps but hit a snag... the screw WILL NOT come out lol. i have bent two hex wrenches (refuse to call them allen keys) and my fingers are bright red and not a single budge from the screw. It must be lock tited, glued, stapled, and cursed like the cells from gringotts bank. any suggestions??

well i bought the stock and attempted to follow these steps but hit a snag... the screw WILL NOT come out lol. i have bent two hex wrenches (refuse to call them allen keys) and my fingers are bright red and not a single budge from the screw. It must be lock tited, glued, stapled, and cursed like the cells from gringotts bank. any suggestions??

So I left this part out, because I was embarrassed. Before I realized there was a set screw in there, I hit the detent pin with a delrin hammer with a recessed block on the rear (Hockey puck with a hole in the middle). I moved the detent about 1mm and it wouldn't budge anymore. That is when I realized there was a set screw on the top. The detent has a small flat shelf milled into it which the set screw rests on. I ended up scratching the surface of the detent pin as the set screw scraped on its shelf. So maybe my whacking it loosened things up. That is the only thing different that I did. If you do whack it, use a large flat screwdriver to remove the lever first, just pop each side up lightly and it will just pull off the plastic hinge ears / tabs.

So I left this part out, because I was embarrassed. Before I realized there was a set screw in there, I hit the detent pin with a delrin hammer with a recessed block on the rear (Hockey puck with a hole in the middle). I moved the detent about 1mm and it wouldn't budge anymore. That is when I realized there was a set screw on the top. The detent has a small flat shelf milled into it which the set screw rests on. I ended up scratching the surface of the detent pin as the set screw scraped on its shelf. So maybe my whacking it loosened things up. That is the only thing different that I did. If you do whack it, use a large flat screwdriver to remove the lever first, just pop each side up lightly and it will just pull off the plastic hinge ears / tabs.

thanks for the quick reply! I'll give that a try

Try a hair dryer for a few minutes, might loosen up the loctite.

I don't know, looks like a hook ready to snag on pretty much anything. Let us know how it handles in fast purchase drills.

Back
Top Bottom