Barnstable Man Charged With Firearm Trafficking

They didn't charge him with failing to report the transaction.

Is three a magic number? Why three? Why not five? Or two?

I can easily imagine building up a few 80% guns, realizing I didn't care for them (tuning, I did a crap job, not into ARs or "Glocks" anymore, whatever) and selling them, even all to the same person who thought they could make them work right or have fun with them.

Easily asserted, sure. You're assuming (probably correctly) that this guy was making them for resale. But how do you prove that? Do you have to keep them for a magical period of time? Do you have to shoot them a certain number of rounds? It'll probably come out in court that the cop said, "can you make me three?" and the guy said, "sure!" and he'll get convicted. But his dumb-ass speaking isn't the same thing as it obviously being a felony just because he made a/some 80% guns and sold them.

It's bad optics. :)
Remember, "proof" is what they can sell to the jury, that's all it is.
They will put out there any recordings they have showing the sale and conversations. They will show the construction timeline and quantity to help prove intent. If he build 3 inside a month and they show little or no actual use, they will put that up as showing intent. Maybe he has more parts/unfinished? Those wouldn't be guns for any charges but it sure would show intent to build. Remember, this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the draw. {robably lots of stuff out there they can show the jury to show intent. Even if it wouldn't convince you, you're not the audience.

Remember, "proof" is what they can sell to the jury, that's all it is.
They will put out there any recordings they have showing the sale and conversations. They will show the construction timeline and quantity to help prove intent. If he build 3 inside a month and they show little or no actual use, they will put that up as showing intent. Maybe he has more parts/unfinished? Those wouldn't be guns for any charges but it sure would show intent to build. Remember, this guy isn't the sharpest knife in the draw. {robably lots of stuff out there they can show the jury to show intent. Even if it wouldn't convince you, you're not the audience.

Oh, of course. That's all evidence, enough of which adds up to proof.

My point was that there isn't a single he did that was illegal on its own.

It's not like "possession of a machine gun" or "driving 56MPH in a 55MPH zone".

I thought that once you decided to sell a home made gun it needed a serial. Is that not correct?

I thought that once it could go bang, it had to have a serial number on it to sell/ possess?
Please correct me if I am wrong. (seriously)

I thought that once you decided to sell a home made gun it needed a serial. Is that not correct?

That is not correct.

There is no law that says a home-made firearm must have a serial number, even when sold.

Manufacturers must serialize every gun they make. But individuals are not required to.

The existence of the "serial number" field on an FA10 does not make law.

Until 1968 there was no requirement at all, for anyone, to serialize firearms. In 1968 the requirement was added to FFLs who are manufacturers, but nobody else.

Dude STFU.

You don't even know what the guy did. So far, with the details we have, he did nothing wrong.

In the eyes of the law? He's likely guilty as feds usually won't indict on a shit case.

Morally? Some guy ran through a red light yesterday that's 1000x more "wrong" or "dangerous" than this.

The Gun owners braying "enforce der existing gun laws!!!!" NRA branded virtue signaling/pandering BS is def. tiresome though. Pretending it will mend fences with the people who want to disarm us is laughable.

Ya think?

I'd stake my Pulitzer on it.

Compare and contrast with this article:

Pfft. It's my wedding photo. See:

guns-1.jpg

Also it's a pic of my BIL's vacation in Hawaii.

guns-1.jpg

feds usually won't indict on a shit case.

[rofl] [rofl2] [rofl] [rofl2] [rofl] [rofl2] [rofl]
I like you. You're funny.

You know better, but for those who don't:
I've (knowingly) met @drgrant
5eilwq.jpg

Feds won't indict unless they're convinced they can get a conviction.
Has nothing to do with how much justice is in the charges.
Only what the prosecution knows they can get the court to suck for.
(Or the defense to plead to).

Pfft. It's my wedding photo.
@Radtekk: You changed your screen name! [rofl]

During the fourth sale, Linhares agreed to take a commercially manufactured firearm as part of the payment, according to the release. Due to prior felony convictions, Linhares is prohibited from possessing firearms.

I wonder why they pushed him to take a "commercially manufactured" firearm before taking him down?
Were they afraid the DIY firearms he allegedly possessed/sold were not "firearms"?
BTW if you look up him and his group on Facebook it looks straight out of to documentary Heroin: Cape Cod, USA

Back
Top Bottom