• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Baretta 92 Night Sights

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Is there such a thing and if so any recommendations?

I have an M9 as my bedside pistol and would like to put night sights on it. I have become pretty proficient with it and love how it feels in my hand.

Tooltech was drilling out the the front post and installing a trijicon lamp. They’d couple that with the appropriate triji rear sight. They stopped a while ago. Not sure if they resumed. Most people that want night sights on a 92 tend to purchase a vertec slide (I bought a blem slide from Beretta with this in mind but never swapped it ... I’m content with a WC blacked out rear).

If it were me, I'd sell the M9 and get a 92A1 so I could have changeable sights and a light rail, which to me is a necessity for a home defense gun,

You're kind of SOL when it comes to night sights on those. Meprolight makes a set that needs the front drilled for it.
http://www.meprolight.com/default.a...itemid={744564C8-9388-41EB-B00A-932DB9DBBF93}

I traded my 92A1 initially for a 92FS Vertec because I couldnt find a holster for the rounded trigger guard and rails. But both of those had the dovetailed front and rear sights. If you dont want to drill into the slide a gunsmith should be able to do it for you, ask around. Otherwise start looking for a Vertec/M9A3 slide (not a 92A1 as that uses a different guide rod setup).
Or trade it in for a Vertec/M9A3 and save yourself the head ache and go with the Ameriglos through Beretta.
Beretta M9A3 Spartan Tritium Night Sights, Vertec Night Sights Kit

If it were me, I'd sell the M9 and get a 92A1 so I could have changeable sights and a light rail, which to me is a necessity for a home defense gun,
Unless things have changed not many places offer holsters for the 92A1, go for a Vertec preferably. Especially since the 92A1 isnt on the roster and you don't want to wait playing the game of finding it.

I don't know if this would be an option on the 92 series Berettas but I have an East German Makarov that I sent the slide off to Novak's, and had them install a set of white dot sights. The front sight is machined into the slide on that gun as well, so they had to dovetail the front and also relief cut the rear to allow for the larger dovetail rear sight. They could probably do the same on the 92 but then I don't know if the thickness of the slide at that area would allow it. I traded away my 92FS years ago but if I remember correctly that area of the slide is pretty thin?

Here is the Makarov with Novaks sights.
mak.png

Unless things have changed not many places offer holsters for the 92A1, go for a Vertec preferably. Especially since the 92A1 isnt on the roster and you don't want to wait playing the game of finding it.

I had one but sold it through the classifieds here a while ago. You're right about the holsters, they're almost nonexistent. Even some of the ones that say will fit, don't.

^this
the 92A1 is the one to own for this reason. dovetailed sights. shock buffer insert to prevent frame-slide smackage. rounded trigger looks better but functionally whatever. i sold my 92 a long time ago, went to a 92A1 and wouldn't even bother with a standard 92 or M9 model unless if was some collector type.

Alright so now that I have outed myself as a fool... I was mistaken thinking it was an M9 when it is the A1. Assuming the most noticeable difference being the accessory rail?

Now that I have cleared that up night sights are available for A1?

Alright so now that I have outed myself as a fool... I was mistaken thinking it was an M9 when it is the A1. Assuming the most noticeable difference being the accessory rail?

Now that I have cleared that up night sights are available for A1?

Definitely. Many makers. Trijicon Iron Sights - Trijicon, Inc. for example, pick the type, then on the left pick the brand and then the model. Many gunstores will install them free/inexpensively if you buy them from them.

M9a1 or 92a1? M9a1 uses the same slide as a fs model so the same applies. 92a1 has a front dovetail.

Attachments

• 235FDD3C-F115-4C76-AD56-F3AC65262DC9.jpeg
    235FDD3C-F115-4C76-AD56-F3AC65262DC9.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 9
I threw some glow paint on almost all of my pistols. Charge it up real quick at dusk with an LED blacklight, and good to go until morning. Very inexpensive and non-permanent solution.

I have a Beretta 92 with night sights. I had them put on back in 2002. The front sight is impossible to put on, the smith I used sent it to Beretta to install and he charged me 20 bucks. Needs some special hydraulic pusher from what I remember

I just sent it back to Trijicon to have them put new tubes in a few months ago and they now look good as new. I'd call Trijicon and see if they can help you out. Maybe they have some

Back
Top Bottom