Bangor East

I have to go up to Ellsworth Maine tom. and pick up a refurbished Old Towne canoe. Only took the guy two years but hey it's finally done, I hope.
Does anyone know any gun shops along the Turnpike corridor that I can try and get small rifle primers at? I've googled and called a few with no luck. Maybe someone knows of a trading post or something that may have them. Any help is appreciated.

I stopped in Kittery on my home way home a few weeks ago and nothing but stock changes hourly. They also imposed a 200 primer limit. I don't know if Cabella's has reloading stuff.

The Trading post in Newport(Palmyra actually) located just off the Interstate, Routes 100 and 7, as well as Rte 2. Last time I was inside, he had quite a bit.

Last edited:
Van Raymonds in Brewer (on Main Street) has quite a selection. I'm assuming that you're traveling up 95 through Bangor, to Rte. 1A on your way to Ellsworth. Although it'll be a monday, and they may be closed. They have a website.

I dont remember seeing primers and such at Maine Military, BUT its worth a stop to see the selection of EBR's and AK's and such. You'll be traveling right by it, located on Wilson Street(Rte. 1A) in Brewer. Todd is good people.

husseys_general_store.jpg

I dont remember seeing primers and such at Maine Military, BUT its worth a stop to see the selection of EBR's and AK's and such. You'll be traveling right by it, located on Wilson Street(Rte. 1A) in Brewer. Todd is good people.

Maine Military had a good supply of .223 and 7.62x39 last weekend. Lots of rifle ammo, particularly odd milsurp calibers.

Rich

The Trading post in Newport(Palmyra actually) located just off the Interstate, Routes 100 and 7, as well as Rte 2. Last time I was inside, he had quite a bit.

I cleaned the Trading Post out of the normal SR primers and they have no more expected any time soon. They had a few cases of the stuff on plastic stips left. Van Raymonds has a 100 primer per day limit.

seeings how I just so happen to live downeast I have a few coms and recs. Willy's SUCKS!!! Over priced Fair selection of handguns. Ammo high high high in price. Dig hard hear for a deal. Van Raymands Over priced and ammo selection is not the greatest and minimum of 1 box per costumer. I have found some deals time to time. With the older rifles of cource. Maine Military, where do I begin. Over priced gear. Have better luck on line. MREs for 10.00 a meal OUCH!! and I can go on with gear, Ammo is nothing special. a lot of 223 wolf and 7.62 wolf 199.99 for 500 rds WHAT A DEAL!!! :) Black gun selection is nice but can still built them cheaper. AK selection OK. Ralph Highland Blades just up the rd on RT 1 on your way to Ellsworth on Rt1A past the Grandville lumber. I find Ralph's place to be a place of treasures. Kind of the small gunshop owner but with the collector addition. I just traded Ralphe dvds and knife for 400 rds of 223 and not the cheap stuff too. Lakecity and various types. Not a lot of blackrifle stuff but sometimes you can find odd stuff. I try and stop in Ralph's twice a month to see what he has gotten in from collections we has picked up. After those 4 the cloeset is Oldtown. Theres are 2 smallers shops but they are off the beaten path. Rt1 MillCreek. Don is the owner nice old guy but heard he is selling out. LOts of various ammo. OK prices Winchester collector. Shop out of his basement. Next is Dick Hill's place is BlueHill . 17 south of Ellsworth. HArd place to find. Just a small shop but great talk and some good old stuff. Member of the Blue Hill gun club. Heard of good deals from the fella too. :) Some info

Well..Got the canoe. Came out great. Drove 502 miles. Yawn... Hit at least six gun shops, not a primer to be had. The prices are very high on everything. I thought they were high here in the Peoples Republic. Over thirty bucks a pound for powder in most places. Rationing ammo as well. Didn't buy a damn thing except an ar parts breakdown book. Hope things get better soon....Thanks for the suggestions gentlemen.

Back
Top Bottom